News:

Do you need help?
Simutrans Wiki Manual can help you to play and extend Simutrans. In 9 languages.

Some trains don't accept passengers I think they should

Started by Christoph Schwitter, July 19, 2015, 03:34:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Christoph Schwitter

As the title says, it seems that passengers that should be transported are not. I have observed this only in one station.

There is quite a long narrow gauge train route starting in Rustchester. Rustchester is the terminal station, next stop is Arlston. When you load the game, there are >300 people waiting in Rustchester to go to Arlston.
On the single line to Arlston are 16 trains, they come and go frequently. However, several of these trains do not accept passengers to Arlston and depart not fully loaded. The passengers for Arlston are not loaded, remain at Rustchester station and wait for the next train. The trains however do load passengers for the stops after Arlston. Some trains load passengers for Arlston normally.
To my understanding, all trains should load passengers for Arlston (since the train goes and stops there) until fully loaded.

I was first playing with V10.8 and then tried V11, togther with Pak128.Britain-Ex-0.9.1. Same result for both.

You will find the savegame here: http://mandrillapp.com/track/click/30041064/jmp.sh?p=eyJzIjoiSTg5V0RGbFlGSHJNbV84WUxCMjdRSHFlbEUwIiwidiI6MSwicCI6IntcInVcIjozMDA0MTA2NCxcInZcIjoxLFwidXJsXCI6XCJodHRwOlxcXC9cXFwvam1wLnNoXFxcL2VcXFwvRzZSR3RnU1hKbnNKdHBkZ3M1Sno_dXJpPWJcXFwvNWJXbGRpWHl2NTlLTjFaTVhsdVdcIixcImlkXCI6XCI3NDQyMjZiN2ZlY2M0Y2QxYWQ4NTkwZDRhODBjZjFhMlwiLFwidXJsX2lkc1wiOltcIjE5NTc1ZWI4ZWIzMjgwYWMwYjAzYWY5NTg1NWNkYjc0MjZlZTAyOWZcIl19In0.

By the way, the same problem existed when the line only was Rustchester - Arlston, but I ignored it. This new bigger line is a new line, not the old one extended.

jamespetts

Can I confirm that you are using the latest release version, 11.35?
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Christoph Schwitter

Version 112.3 Experimental
11.35 Jun 30 2014 r11.35

As far as I can see, it is confirmed.

scamps

Might be something wih line estimated travel time. I had a similar (I think) issue, definitely 11.3x, unfortunately lost the save.

I first built a short train line between towns A and B, around 2 km, and set a train running forth and back without waiting. After some time passed, I built track from B to C (around 10 km), and added a second line with route A-B----C----B-A, short wait time at C, no wait at A and B, one train. Now, every single passenger heading from C to A would leave train at station B and switch to line 1 train!
Obviously, estimated time from B to A is much shorter for line 1, than line 2, but comparsion between average travel times is incorrect in described case. Average time for line 1 (with waiting) should be compared to average travel time for line 2 (without waiting), because passengers are already using line 2.

I can be mistaken regarding reasons for this behavior, feel free to correct.

jamespetts

There has been quite a lot of work done in fixing issues of the sort that Scamps describes ready for the next version. This was done some time ago (work on Simutrans-Experimental has been substantially delayed in the last year as a result of me moving house and having little, if any, time to dedicate to coding, which requires predictable hours of uninterrupted concentration). It may well be that the next version fixes this issue.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.