News:

Want to praise Simutrans?
Your feedback is important for us ;D.

Mirror tram tracks

Started by Václav, September 06, 2015, 06:17:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Václav

If I remember correctly, in pak128 are (most) tracks designed for building over roads, but most players (even me) build them aside (probably excepting bridges), because it is better.

But in pak96.comic are some tracks (original and also currently created by me) designed to be built aside of roads because they cover them in such way that roads become wrong visible beneath them.

What is situation in other paksets, I don't know.

And it is very incomfortable to build crossings (even if tram tracks don't know them) by combination of (mostly slow) track designed for building over roads and (mostly fast) track designed to be build aside of road.

So, why don't to set shadow track that would be automatically used over roads - meanwhile elsewhere would be used main track. This would be similar to tunnels, where is possible to set how track in tunnel will look (by using of existing track, mostly specially designed for this purpose).

Chybami se člověk učí - ale někteří lidé jsou nepoučitelní

kierongreen

Don't some Paks have differing speed limits for the tracks designed to be used on and off road?

Václav

Yes, they have - but I think those situations when I need to only cross road with tram track on one tile.

At least building of such crossings could be a bit more automatic. It means that if I build track for speed 75km/h (that will be designed for building aside of road) and I will need make crossing with road, then this mirror track will be automatically used on tiles where track touches the road (it means mostly in diagonals and also on crossings with road).

Vladki

If you want crossings, just use train track instead of tram track.

Václav

Vladki, I don't think classic crossing that railways have, I think places where tram tracks cross road. There some tracks designed to be built aside of roads make a very strange situations - because background of rails cover road.

Start game in pak96.comic without time axis and see track for speed 100 km/h how it looks and how looks its meeting with road. And I don't think its generally bad design in diagonals where background covers all tile and so road is not visible then.