News:

Simutrans Tools
Know our tools that can help you to create add-ons, install and customize Simutrans.

When signal box signal limit has been reached, already built signals--

Started by Junna, September 04, 2015, 05:04:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Junna

--cannot be modified. I.e, you want a signal to apply to one direction, and click again to transform it, but this is not permitted because the signal limit has been reached on the box.

My old save game doesn't work any more, and as I understand this is expected; can it be rescued?

http://www.mediafire.com/download/jetdgyvw961p26p/tass9.sve

jamespetts

For rescuing old saved games, follow the instructions in the Git commit message in which the saved game format was changed. I will look into the signalbox issue.

Edit: Signalbox issue now fixed: thank you for the report.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Junna

Quote from: jamespetts on September 04, 2015, 09:15:25 AM
For rescuing old saved games, follow the instructions in the Git commit message in which the saved game format was changed.

It doesn't elaborate thereon?

jamespetts

Hmm - I thought that I had elaborated?

You need to make a special compile with the preprocessor directive SPECIAL_RESCUE_12_5 enabled, load the saved games and then save them. You will not then be able to open them with the special version, but you will be able to open them when you recompile with SPECIAL_RESCUE_12_5 undefined again.

If these saved games were from a much earlier version of devel-new or way-improvements, you may additionally have to define SPECIAL_RESCUE_12 and/or SPECIAL_RESCUE_12_2 ... 4 in your rescue build. There will be a SPECIAL_RESCUE_12_6 coming in the future, too.

None of this should be necessary for any game saved with any release version (e.g. 11.35).

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Junna

I'm not clear on how to enable preprocessor directives-- would one have to edit the code itself? I mean, I barely know to compile it at all...

jamespetts

What are you using to compile? The instructions depend on your compiler, and it does not necessarily involve altering the code, although that is one (rather crude) way of doing it.

DrSuperGood

Under the C++ compiler properties there should be a section for macro declerations. I would imagine you insert those there or maybe I am not understanding what a "preprocessor directive" is.

jamespetts

Dr. Supergood is correct - in MSVS 2012 which I use at present, you need to find the properties page for the project, and add the definition to "preprocessor definitions" in Configuration properties > C/C++ > Preprocesser.