News:

Simutrans Wiki Manual
The official on-line manual for Simutrans. Read and contribute.

SMSC Poll: October - Residential Neighbourhood

Started by An_dz, October 31, 2015, 10:42:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which is the best image?

0 (0%)
0 (0%)
6 (19.4%)
18 (58.1%)
7 (22.6%)

Total Members Voted: 31

Voting closed: November 05, 2015, 10:42:31 PM

An_dz

Welcome to the Simutrans Monthly Screenshot Contest (SMSC) Poll

This month's topic is Residential Neighbourhood. Please vote for your favourite picture. You can only select one. The survey will be available until day 5th. The winner will get fame and glory at the Simutrans Community.

Screens Info
Moraga - by babingah01 (Pak128.Britain) - real game
Eekin Diktatuuri - by eekizz (pak128) - not a real game
A Town with National way - by jomoyama (pak128.Japan + addons) - real game/created scenario
Suburbia - by Sarlock (Custom pakset based on pak64.Nippon) - not a real game
Mende - by el_slapper (pak128 + French addons) - real game

Isaac Eiland-Hall

I am unsurprised to see the current leader in voting. I didn't want to reply when it was submitted so as to spam up the submission thread, but I think I can say: WOW WOW WOW WOW it looks amazing! :D

When I first saw it, I wondered why a SimCity4 image had been submitted. :D

Hitardo

Very good contenders!

Good luck to all of you, because your images are all really good.
Always looking for new things, new knowledge.

prissi

I think the leading entry is a very good incentive to work on nxm size city buildings. (Maybe even of 2x2 instead 1x1 for the moment ... )

Sarlock

Thanks for the support, I truly appreciate it.  It injects energy in to my project and helps me know whether I am hitting or missing the mark with regard to the aesthetics of the evolving graphic set.

I intend to eventually make the graphics public for anyone else who wishes to use them, and hopefully even contribute.

At this point I need to decide whether I have the right amount of brightness or if I should lighten the images up a bit.  They are a bit dark, perhaps, though they look less dark by themselves and not compared alongside the other, brighter paksets.  My goal was to make it look like a bright cloudy day, to soften the contrast of the shadows.
Current projects: Pak128 Trees, blender graphics

IgorEliezer

The submissions are quite excellent. Congratz to the winner. :)