News:

The Forum Rules and Guidelines
Our forum has Rules and Guidelines. Please, be kind and read them ;).

Text selection bug

Started by ronnie89b, December 20, 2015, 05:35:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ronnie89b

Hi!
In stable 120.0.1, I can select a word with double click, or a whole line with triple click. From 120.1.1 it doesn't work. So this function lost somewhere between this two version.

Spacethingy

With r7697 (Win), I can confirm this. (Click and drag to select works fine.)
Life is like a Simutrans transformer:

You only get one of them, and you can't have it on a slope.

prissi

Which build? If this is an SDL build, then you need SDL2 for this.

TurfIt

Works fine for me. MinGW SDL1 r7640. The clicks need to be rather slow and deliberate. Rapid clicks do strange things...
Which text field are you trying?

ronnie89b

I tried  with 120.1.1 and nightly r7702 (downloaded full package), didn't working. Click and drag is ok for me, too.
Slow and long clicks don't help in stops, vehicles or in the line management window.

Update: I downloaded simuwin-sdl-120-1-1.zip, and everything works fine with this version.

TurfIt

r7543:(Ters): No hidden mouse pointer anymore   -  Cursor disappears when playing Simutrans
broke this for GDI.

Ters

That was unexpected. It's hard to see how that change affects double-clicking, since Simutrans detects double-clicks itself apparently, and nothing suggests that anything is wrong with mouse button events otherwise.

TurfIt

It's most definitely r7543 that does it. Double/Triple clicking in r7542 GDI works fine.

Ters

I have too many local changes to be able to build r7542. Are you able to figure out which inputs event that are lost or come extra between r7542 and r7543? The changes should only cause Simutrans to get mouse events even after the mouse leaves the window (while a mouse button is held down, such as when dragging). While double-clicking on text, the cursor should not leave the window. Or is there some interference with the ability to pan with the primary mouse button as well, and the mouse repositioning done to keep the cursor for moving?