News:

Do you need help?
Simutrans Wiki Manual can help you to play and extend Simutrans. In 9 languages.

Palying Devel-New

Started by Milko, December 27, 2015, 09:31:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milko

Hello James

I'm able to build Eperimental Devel-New and last pakBritain.

Are they playble?

Edit:
I generate a new map but I see many unconnected city and river with no bridge.

Edit:
I generate a new map but I see many unconnected city and river with no bridge, road are all of ancient type.

Giuseppe

jamespetts

The cities not being connected by road is a problem inherited from Standard, as the inter-city road builder code comes from Standard, and is exceedingly conservative about building bridges. I did try to look into how to alter this but did not get very far, as the code is inherently difficult to deal with in this area.

As to the roads being of an ancient type, did you start in the default year of 1750, by any chance? Alternatively, did you start with the timeline off? Either would yield ancient roads being built by default. (They are not strictly ancient; more enlightenment era).

It should be more or less playable, but it is not balanced yet and there are features still in progress, so stability is not the same as a release version.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Milko

Hello James

Yes, timeline was off and road (urban and not) was "dirty" (I don't remember the correct name of the road).

Giuseppe

jamespetts

Yes, the unurfaced road. This pakset is really not intended to be played with the timeline off.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

killwater

"It should be more or less playable, but it is not balanced yet"

Sounds like a great time for non officially published, non-realese, semi-stable, for testing only version to be found lying hidden somewhere under the Christmas Tree. For the children of course... ;)   Just saying...

I know, I know I should build myself , but every time I try I fail miserably.

jamespetts

I don't put out that sort of release myself because it takes time away from developing (and at what point exactly does one do it? There is always something incomplete or missing somewhere until an actual release; the current code has significant bugs with the one train staff signalling type and time interval signalling is materially incomplete, for example), but anyone else is welcome to do so.