News:

Simutrans Wiki Manual
The official on-line manual for Simutrans. Read and contribute.

Menu icons off by 1 px

Started by Vladki, January 03, 2016, 12:08:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vladki

Helo, i have noticed that some menu icons are off by 1 px. They are all special icons (landscaping, map editing, special construction, lists,...). Found that gui/gui64/menu_buttons.png was completely 1 px off the 64x64 grid. Perhaps an unfortunate click in gimp with the move-layer tool did that.

Further all rail electrification icons and most canal (except barge canal) were also off by 1 px. There it was much harder to guess if only the icon or whole image was misaligned. After looking at the images I decided that the canals and 3/4th rail deserve moving the whole picture, while AC/DC catenary is OK, and only the icon needs realignment.

There is still a problem with mixed AC/DC+3rd rail: the 3rd rail is in different place in these - see the attached picture. It may be easy to fix if you still have a layered xcf laying around with separate layers for overhead and 3rd rail.

Also there are some misaligments on diagonal canals and canal tunnels, I did not try to fix now.

Fixed images are here: https://uran.webstep.net/~vladki/simutrans/pak128.Britain/

jamespetts

Thank you for that: that is most helpful. Do you know whether this affects Experimental or only Standard?
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

The Hood

Thanks for spotting and fixing. In SVN. I've also fixed the third rail images you pointed out.

Vladki

Quote from: jamespetts on January 03, 2016, 12:12:15 PM
Thank you for that: that is most helpful. Do you know whether this affects Experimental or only Standard?

I did not check experimental. Now I am at my older computer, so I play (and do stuff) with standard.

Rollmaterial

The toolbar offset also applies to Experimental.

jamespetts

Thank you: I have applied those fixes to Experimental, apart from the menu buttons, which have a different graphic in Experimental because there are additional buttons.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Vladki

Quote from: jamespetts on January 04, 2016, 12:00:00 AM
Thank you: I have applied those fixes to Experimental, apart from the menu buttons, which have a different graphic in Experimental because there are additional buttons.
Here is a fixed menu_buttons file for experimental. https://uran.webstep.net/~vladki/simutrans/pak128.Britain/menu_buttons.png-ex

jamespetts

Splendid - thank you very much!