News:

Simutrans Tools
Know our tools that can help you to create add-ons, install and customize Simutrans.

Project Simutranians Development

Started by ASV62, February 06, 2016, 07:16:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ASV62

Introduction
Now Simutranians are called "Passagiere", generated by residential blocks, travel to commercial, industrial, curiosity blocks. No grading between them, all of them shares the same priority to travel and having the same value.

Simutranians Development is a project to generate some GOODS like Simutranians, spawned from spawners which represent the degree of development of clusters of city, New Simutranians now goes schooling, turning themselves into different workforces. The working class Simutranians squeeze into commuting trains, the Upper class Simutranians cross the border on business jets.

the idea was originated from the LCPS project, which mentioned before.

Development

Simutranians (goods) [On Going]
Spawners and receivers (factory) [Planned]
Schools, Job Consultants ,JobSeekers (factory)[Planned]

To be done by the community

Implementation of workforces into current factory systems
-Factories need to consume workers to produce goods
adding more Compatible addons
-limousine, business jets no longer an eye candy, low capacity but extremely high revenue.

Some thoughts about the business model

Car dealership and Material wholesale are the destination of a factory chain. With Simutranians, turning an automobile into a deal by consuming a Simutranian, then transport the deal to traffic / registration department for destination. Then we can sell some supercars to Upper class Simutranians for millions of money.

People who was born with this kind of lifestyle is an artist, while talents are philosophist ....

eklas

I think this is generally a good idea. I am just afraid this is gonna make transport hubs' info windows kind of messy- imagine a station with over 3K passengers waiting, the passenger list is already way too long and complicated, even without multiple sorts of people.
Let's focus on the urban planning, guys.

ASV62

Quote from: eklas on February 06, 2016, 07:47:22 AM
I think this is generally a good idea. I am just afraid this is gonna make transport hubs' info windows kind of messy- imagine a station with over 3K passengers waiting, the passenger list is already way too long and complicated, even without multiple sorts of people.
Millions of passenger waiting in a hub is usual especially in large and developed maps. I'm not replacing existing system but thinking of some ways to rationalize the passenger flow in another system.

I have hundreds of millions stranded passengers in the large hubs everywhere in one game.  :-X

People who was born with this kind of lifestyle is an artist, while talents are philosophist ....

Vladki

Have a look at simutrans-experimental. Some of your ideas are already implemented there, or under consideration. Specifically, vehicles have different comfort and catering levels, that affect revenue on long journeys. And passengers have varying requirements on travel time and comfort.

A worker/visitor concept is being considered recently, with effect on factory production.

Check the experimental section of forum for more detail and exact definitions of how it differs from standard.