News:

The Forum Rules and Guidelines
Our forum has Rules and Guidelines. Please, be kind and read them ;).

Tracks replacement project for pak 128

Started by Fabio, February 14, 2009, 03:24:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fabio

main pak will include bridges (and tunnels) for all speeds, once i finish my tracks replacement ;)
it's around 60% done, but time is painfully fast and painting is painfully slow, ihihihih

Mac_#71

Already we are talking about high-speed, what about 400 km / h-tunnels?
La supposizione è la madre di TUUUTTE le stronzate...
Ricordatevelo!

The assumption is the mother of ALL the **** ...
Remember!

gauthier

in my future projects already ... but I want to finish High buildings first.

Fabio

Quote from: Mac_#71 on February 15, 2009, 01:24:46 PM
Already we are talking about high-speed, what about 400 km / h-tunnels?

they will be there!!!
guys, i'm working on it, i'll try to resume works, now that i finished with rivers ;)

gauthier

Quoteguys, i'm working on it, i'll try to resume works, now that i finished with rivers Wink

Nice, one thing less to do for me :D

Fabio

well, we could also talk and try to work together to make it better and faster... If you're interested, we can open a new thread on pak 128 board... let me know, i'll show you my plan!!! (the task is huge, although i worked already a lot on it...)

Fabio

well, i already have most of tunnels.
we need to open the new thread. I'll split this one and we'll continue here.
Before painting, i need to brief you and other willful collaborators on the whole traks replacement as planned, i'll post it tomorrow ;)

gauthier

I don't agree for track replacement, according to me current tracks are enough good.

However, roads should be replaced. For example, joker roads should replace default roads.

Fabio

Quote from: gauthier on February 15, 2009, 09:50:50 PM
However, roads should be replaced. For example, joker roads should replace default roads.
I'm not saying they are bad, only they are not consistent in graphical style. I have already 7 new tracks (50, 70, 120, 160, 240, 320 and 400 kmph) with consistent graphics. They will include snow for winter, as well. My plan is to make tunnels (entrances and underground view) for each of them: most of entrances are already done. Also bridges will match these speeds, using the consistent track (sleepers, ballast, track). I planned to use all (or most of) existing bridges, with a few needed changes and paint new ones for high speed, one tile wide, and including elevated tracks to allow more complex design for high speed.

Václav

I have been creating rail bridge for speed 400 km/h too - in two versions.

1st version is similar to bridge from picture

but less pillars. It should be for cities and with length limited to 16 tiles.

2nd version is similar to this

It shoud be mainly for country ways and less limited length - but with pillars, of course.

The first development screens (less track - but at home I have playable demo of the first version - with many graphical bugs):

original one of covered bridge - coverage had to be changed because in game transparency almost died

pillars have to changed (their shape of pillars is not quite good - I have to simplify it; in this version it is resized pillar of the first version)

Chybami se člověk učí - ale někteří lidé jsou nepoučitelní

Silver

hi!

hello, I have this bridge completed but I can't finish the process, someone could help me finish the process to make it addon for the pak 128 or pak 64
¡I share the copyrights! with the person to help me

Puente_1.2.rar

En mi idioma español (in my language spanish):
hola, he terminado este puente, pero no puedo terminar el proceso, alguien me podría ayudar a terminar el proceso para que sea addon de los Pak 128 ó pak 64
comparto los derechos de autor con la persona que me ayude

The Hood

Wow that looks impressive!  I might be tempted to have a go at a pak128 version.

One problem I can see is that the dimensions won't easily fit on one tile (the bridge span is much longer than it is wide)...

Also is it for road or rail (or both?)

ASV62

Quote from: VaclavMacurek on February 16, 2009, 01:05:34 PM
I have been creating rail bridge for speed 400 km/h too - in two versions.

1st version is similar to bridge from picture

but less pillars. It should be for cities and with length limited to 16 tiles.

2nd version is similar to this

It shoud be mainly for country ways and less limited length - but with pillars, of course.

The first development screens (less track - but at home I have playable demo of the first version - with many graphical bugs):

original one of covered bridge - coverage had to be changed because in game transparency almost died

pillars have to changed (their shape of pillars is not quite good - I have to simplify it; in this version it is resized pillar of the first version)

Are you making something like this?  ;D

People who was born with this kind of lifestyle is an artist, while talents are philosophist ....

poldislaf

I like the idea about bridges etc. and making more types of track.

How about making also a doubletrack rail? The roads are already in two directions on one square, tracks not. I'd really appreciate that. Same with trams, but that is far complicated.

Another idea was improving the crossings of rails- now the T connection looks like this: I>-. Sometimes only one-way connections could be used, like this: I\_ Actually it is of no use, it only looks more realistic.

Spike

Quote from: poldislaf on March 05, 2009, 03:03:49 PM
How about making also a doubletrack rail? The roads are already in two directions on one square, tracks not. I'd really appreciate that. Same with trams, but that is far complicated.

The signals will not work well with double track railways (they'd always affect both rails).

Silver

Quote from: The Hood on March 05, 2009, 09:06:39 AM
One problem I can see is that the dimensions won't easily fit on one tile (the bridge span is much longer than it is wide)...

Have to adjust, but I think it comes down to pak 64

Quote from: The Hood on March 05, 2009, 09:06:39 AMAlso is it for road or rail (or both?)

Road

Silver

Quote from: ASV62 on March 05, 2009, 01:33:37 PM

wow  :o, I like, I want one  ;D! Where did you download?

Václav

Quote from: ASV62 on March 05, 2009, 01:33:37 PM

Yes. I try to make someone like that - but work on bridges temporarily stopped due to problems with coverage of this bridge

:) but I have been preparing one side platforms station for some time.

Download of one side platforms station available here:
http://forum.simutrans.com/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=553.0;attach=5475 (version 1)
http://forum.simutrans.com/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=553.0;attach=5521 (version 2)

They are not perfect - but it is my the first playable deed.

Quote from: Silver on March 05, 2009, 01:42:05 AM
hi!

hello, I have this bridge completed but I can't finish the process, someone could help me finish the process to make it addon for the pak 128 or pak 64
¡I share the copyrights! with the person to help me

Puente_1.2.rar

I am not right person to help you due to I am beginner in creation of graphics for Simutrans too - but in case of this bridge I see that road should not be curved (bowed). In game it could give very strange effect - because cars of all sizes and shapes would go through road.

Spike

Quote from: VaclavMacurek on March 06, 2009, 09:55:59 AM
In game it could give very strange effect - because cars of all sizes and shapes would go through road.

The visual effect would more resemble the cars doing a slight curve, or circle segment on the bridge. But they wouldn't be clipped from below.

The Hood

Unfortunately I'm not sure the sort of bridge you drew will work well in simutrans (it's a very nice bridge, just it won't fit nicely onto one tile!).  Here's a preview of what it would look like, but as you can see, the shape is very distorted for it to fit to a road tile.  Unless the code can be changed to allow bridges to be made of several different images in length, then there's not much else I can do with it I'm afraid.

Silver

I use blender to create the bridge

Unfortunately if have a small curve in the middle of the bridge and it is my fault for forgetting the graphical of the game, But, if you can change, although is a little difficult why I am a beginner in blender :-\

sorry for my english, I speak spanish

The Hood

The curve isn't much of a problem.  The problem is that your bridge looks good long and thin, but to fit on a tile it must be the same length as width (problem of the game, not your graphics).

gauthier

I won't work on it while High buildings won't be finished but this are my ideas for track replacement :

1) currently we have :
WAYS
_ 65 km/h rail => old graphics, should be remade
_ 110 km/h rail => old graphics, should be remade
_ 160 km/h rail => old graphics, should be remade
_ 280 km/h rail
_ 400 km/h rail

First I think a 320 or 330 km/h rail should be added.

BRIDGES
_ 30 km/h bridge => doesn't fit to any way, not very nice, should be removed
_ 60 km/h bridge => should be increased to 65 km/h to fit to the corresponding way
_ 75 km/h bridge => nice but have a graphical problem : nothing can be built under (test you will see what I mean)
_ 95 km/h bridge => not very nice and doesn't fit to any way, should be removed
_ 110 km/h bridge
_ 160 km/h bridge
_ 300 km/h bridge => not nice and doesn't fit well to 280 km/h rail, should be removed
_ 400 km/h bridge (addon)

Can be created : a 280 km/h bridge (I have ideas for it) and 320/330 km/h bridge for the new rail.

TUNNELS
_ a tunnel by Timothy but I can't remember its speed ... (about 110 km/h so ... nice)
_ 280 km/h tunnel => nice enough, can be kept.

So tunnels for all other ways are needed.

ELEVATED WAYS
They're existing only in pak128 Japan, I think we could create one per way (but nicer than the ones in pak Japan !).
(for 280 km/h one too, I have my idea ...)

Do you thinks it's enough work ?  ;D

Zeno

That's enough work to enslave all current painters for a while ;D
IMHO, I would really change 110kmh rails to 120, and maybe insert one between 65 and 120. I think it will really be better because there are a lot of trains having a max speed of 120kmh, so it would be optimal for them. That's it, I think there should be more variety of railways (I like very much Fabio's plans at first page), but as I don't think I'm painting any of them, I won't complain :D

gauthier

... for all trains : they rarely reach their maximum speed, the better is to make run 120 km/h trains on 110 km/h rail, they can reach 110 km/h much more quickly than 120, their speed is more stable and the traffic is more stable too.

plus : they consume less ;)

Václav

Quote from: gauthier on March 07, 2009, 10:12:01 AM
I won't work on it while High buildings won't be finished but this are my ideas for track replacement :

1) currently we have :
WAYS
_ 160 km/h rail => old graphics, should be remade

While I have problems with coverage of called bridge, I prepared own way for it and so I could finish work on that way - add crossings, diagonal parts and one tile curves. Basic parts (seen on picture of double track tunnel) and slope parts have been already done.

BRIDGES
_ 400 km/h bridge (addon)
Yes - but coverage could be slightly better shaped.

TUNNELS
So tunnels for all other ways are needed.

Tunnels for other speeds are ready here: http://minami-fukuoka.simutrans.net/english/addon128/double-track_tunnel.html. They are doubletrack tunnels but one for speed 450 km/h doesn't fit well - mainly on track for speed 400 km/h.

Else replacement is needed on electrification - one for speed 400 km/h does not fit on other ones - because electricity carrying wire is higher than on electrification for speeds 110 and 280 km/h - and upper electrification for speed 160 km/h is needed too (this I called in topic Upper electrification - http://forum.simutrans.com/index.php?topic=1486.0).

gauthier

about tunnels :

they are only two speeds and they don't fit to a way.
plus : they're really ugly :/

Václav

New (alternative) track for speed 160 km/h and one new bridge (for 400 km/h but with track for 160 km/h - so max speed could be changed).

To do on this pack:
- improve rails on back slopes (both - on bridge and also on way)
- improve diagonal parts (only way)
- improve costs (both)

Intro year of way: 1945

Intro year of bridge: 1990
Max length of bridge: 16 tiles

I hope called two graphical bugs on way are all.

Here you can dowload newer versions of both:
Version #2
Track has got new face
Version #3
Track has got winter version and bridge has got new face with night lighting

Silver

I like it, is quite original, there is only one small detail that I do not like long, the diagonal lines be are very close to each other, perhaps by eliminating some were interspersed a little better

in the last picture shows a small graphical error Can you fix it?

Silver

What is your opinion on the first picture, looks better with some lines separated as the yellow box, or as they are in the red?

gauthier

I don't like this bridge, a such as bridge wouldn't exist in real life, it's a far to simple shape and ... are thare fences on the bridge ??? very strange ...