News:

Simutrans Sites
Know our official sites. Find tools and resources for Simutrans.

Pakset for Multiplayer game...

Started by vzrenggamani, January 27, 2016, 02:06:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vzrenggamani

Some days ago i am busy for setting up my own simutrans multiplayer server..
but i have tried all of my avaliable pakset ( pak64 . pak32.comic pak32 pak192.comic and pak128.britain ex ) but only 3 pakset can be used for multiplayer game  pak64 pak96.comic and pak128.britain ex .. can anyone recommend me other pakset for my server ?
Note :
1. I launch the server using command line and i dont announce on the server listing.. .
2. can anyone give me recommend for a free VPS Service for testing ? minimum requirement : Remote Desktop Avaliable..
Thanks... And Regards...

SIMUTRANS INDONESIA WEBSITE  <<< Indonesia Simutrans Addons Center And Web
HOPE YOU UNDERSTAND MY ENGLISH

DrSuperGood

Both pak64 and pak128 (not Britain) work in multiplayer. Pak64 is more newbie friendly while pak128 feels more advanced. Both have problems, such as pak64 convoys having issues late game and pak128 industry producing/consuming far too much product. Until industry retirement/upgrading is added I doubt pak128 Britain (despite its latest balancing attempts) will work well without constant admin attention to replace industries as they upgrade.

Leartin

Every Pakset works in multiplayer, since multiplayer functionality is provided by the game itself, not the pakset.
But vzrenggamini said on facebook:
Quote"but i didnt see " Conncted to server " icon on top right bottom simutrans window"

Since the only buttons with icons are in the custom menu, I guess his problem ist that most paksets miss that button. I don't know how this relates to setting up a server since I never had to do it, but maybe someone else can explain how to do it without that button.

vzrenggamani

i will try it this night.. maybe leartin is right.. but another pakset recommendation for MP ?
Vahicle routing features is main priority and performance.. thanks

DrSuperGood

Both pak64 and pak128 are good for multiplayer, especially when pay for distance is set to 0 (between stops). Pak64 is more newbie friendly and generally feels more polished than 128 which has several easily noticed flaws. Pak128 is significantly harder, to the point that people noticeably try to exploit game mechanics more but it does offer potentially more to the player with its elevated ways and larger convoy selection range.

Reality is that Simutrans lacks a very well "polished" pakset at the moment. There are dozens of issues with pak64 and 128 that I could sprout off the top of my head. Be it bugs, balance issues, usability or simply missing features.

vzrenggamani

Ouhh.. okay thanks... And the good news is All Pakset Its Work :) Thanks everybody.. you are helpful maybe we can playing together with indonesian player

marcinstopa

Simutrans has a multiplayer version, if somebody hosts a server. I want to host a server version compatible with an Ubuntu release.
Will it overload my server's CPU and memory?
Is my network connection adequate?

DrSuperGood

I want to host a server version compatible with an Ubuntu release
Mac, Windows and Ubuntu releases should work on Mac, Windows and Ubuntu servers.

Will it overload my server's CPU and memory?
What is are your servers specifications?

Is my network connection adequate?
What is your network connection speed/type/reliability?

prissi

The CPU will always do. Memory should be at least 512 MB. But any VPS server could host games (the earliest server games on pak 64 were hosted on a 512 MB VPS without problems until 512x512 map size). If you can run normal simutrasn, you can run a server which even consumes less meory and CPU.

More critical is network connections. You need a fast upload, a common ADSL will lead to loand joining times.