News:

Simutrans Chat Room
Where cool people of Simutrans can meet up.

pak128 2.6 : track set completed

Started by gauthier, January 30, 2016, 05:02:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gauthier

This release's main addition is completion of the set of tracks (missing elevated tracks and tunnel). The new elevated tracks are meant to graphically mimic their corresponding bridges.

DOWNLOAD pak128 2.6 (91 MB) for Simutrans 120 and higher

SHORT TUTORIAL for building bridges and tunnels with half heights. Advised for players upgrading from a pak128 version prior to 2.5.0.

Reminder: Pak128 before 2.5.0 and pak128 from 2.5.0 (including this one) are likely to be NOT compatible regarding half heights change.

changelog
_ Added 60 kmph rail tunnel.
_ Added 60 kmph elevated track.
_ Added 80 kmph elevated tracks.
_ Added 100 kmph elevated track.
_ Added 120 kmph (modern) elevated track.
_ Fixed unwanted night color pixels on 400 tracks.
_ Fixed innumerable small glitches in 100 kmph and 120 kmph metal rail bridges.
_ Fixed glitches on COM 21 (car park building)

Please report ANY bugs or suggestions, even if an object is just ugly to you

darkBlue

Hydrogen locomotives are creating black smoke.
Edit: Looks like only B-238 "Frog" is doing that.

gauthier

Fixed in pak128's repository, will be fixed in next release. Thanks for your report  :D

Woratiklis

When will the new version of pack? Last 2016-01-30

gauthier

There's no planned date for new versions. Progress on paksets depends of the free time and motivation of the people maintaining the pakset. I'm currently the only person maintaining pak128, that's why things progress slowly.

Woratiklis

gauthier, thanks!
I plan to update Russian language, not using simutranslator. Nearly complete.

gauthier

Nice ! However, you'd better use simutranslator or at least contact the person in charge of simutranslator cause translations are retrieved from simutranslator at new releases.

Woratiklis

gauthier,
Simutranslator not updated and not working  :-(

Tjoeker

Simutranslator got just updated thanks to Frank! :)
Just send him a pm with:

"I want to help translating on simutranslator"
the nickname you'd like
and the languages you'll translate to

(I think Prissi can create you an account as well)

Woratiklis

Tjoeker,
I have an account. I see this error:
Parse error: (T_CONSTANT_ENCAPSED_STRING) in /var/www/vhosts/simutrans-germany.com/httpdocs/translator/script/lang/ru/lng_main.php on line 292

Tjoeker

I see, I could reproduce the error by setting my language to Russian.
There is something wrong with the russian translation on the site (not the simutrans translations).
can you go to preferences on the site?
If so I suggest you set your language on English. (until the problems are solved maybe?)
If you can't go to the preferences-page, you can ask Frank (or Prissi?) to set your language to English.
Hope this solves the problem :)

Woratiklis

Tjoeker, I prefer to use what works. Simutranslator not working. Maybe someday I'll use Simutranslator.

Woratiklis

gauthier

Quote from: gauthier on October 15, 2016, 01:52:20 PM
There's no planned date for new versions. Progress on paksets depends of the free time and motivation of the people maintaining the pakset. I'm currently the only person maintaining pak128, that's why things progress slowly.

I know waiting is long and boring, I'm still doing some minor things at rare though regular occasions, you can get the latest changes from SVN, pak128 repository includes a makefile if you are under linux and batch file if you are under windows to compile easily. My motivation is at a very low level for a long time now, nothing I can do about this.

Woratiklis

I think that it is already worthwhile to introduce a new version with current changes.
Since the last release a year and a half passed...
I do not know how to compile...

gauthier

I will see in the next weeks if I can do some other quick changes before making a release. Please remind me to do it regularly as I'm likely to forget my todos :p

Compiling a pak is easy.

1. If you have SVN installed, you first have to checkout the paksets repository, I think it's also possible to download a snapshot of the sources directly.

2. Download makeobj, if you are under windows a binary is available on the download simutrans board. If you are under linux and cannot compile makeobj yourself, tell me.

3. Place makeobj in the pak128 directory.

4. If you are under linux, use the makefile (open a terminal and use command "make" in the pak128 directory), if you are under windows, double-click pak128.bat .

Finally you should get a fresh pak128 in the directory named "simutrans".

Woratiklis

Compiling Windows 7:
invalid key "misc_GUI"
incorrect format parameter "pak128"

gauthier

Sounds odd. I tested pak128.bat here when I modified it last time and it worked great, a friend of mine also used it recently and dit not get any problem.

Try opening the file (pak128.bat) and launch individually the first two or three makeobj commands to see if it works.