News:

Want to praise Simutrans?
Your feedback is important for us ;D.

[120.1.3] crash at particular point in map

Started by DNGR, February 17, 2016, 03:12:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DNGR

Using 120.1.3 there is a crash at a at particular point in map if you rotate the view and then seek to move the map. This happens every time. I am using Windows 7 on 16GB machine and it also crashes in Safe Mode.

EventType=APPCRASH
EventTime=131001926941389204
ReportType=2
Consent=1
UploadTime=131001926943059300
ReportIdentifier=35ddebb8-d582-11e5-bef3-d8fc932b0e75
IntegratorReportIdentifier=35ddebb7-d582-11e5-bef3-d8fc932b0e75
WOW64=1
Response.BucketId=574782999
Response.BucketTable=25
Response.type=4
Sig[0].Name=Application Name
Sig[0].Value=simutrans.exe
Sig[1].Name=Application Version
Sig[1].Value=0.120.1.3
Sig[2].Name=Application Timestamp
Sig[2].Value=00000000
Sig[3].Name=Fault Module Name
Sig[3].Value=simutrans.exe
Sig[4].Name=Fault Module Version
Sig[4].Value=0.120.1.3
Sig[5].Name=Fault Module Timestamp
Sig[5].Value=00000000
Sig[6].Name=Exception Code
Sig[6].Value=c0000005
Sig[7].Name=Exception Offset
Sig[7].Value=0020b8d6
DynamicSig[1].Name=OS Version
DynamicSig[1].Value=6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
DynamicSig[2].Name=Locale ID
DynamicSig[2].Value=1033
DynamicSig[22].Name=Additional Information 1
DynamicSig[22].Value=0a9e
DynamicSig[23].Name=Additional Information 2
DynamicSig[23].Value=0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
DynamicSig[24].Name=Additional Information 3
DynamicSig[24].Value=0a9e
DynamicSig[25].Name=Additional Information 4
DynamicSig[25].Value=0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
UI[2]=C:\wsoft\simutrans\simutrans.exe
UI[3]=simutrans.exe has stopped working

Mod note: Added code tags to the report to help reading.
~An_dz

Ters

Unfortunately, that big chunk of cryptic stuff is pretty much useless, providing very little information (and nothing useful) beyond what you wrote in plain English (which was a decent report).

Which pak set are you using? Does it happen with any map, or just one you always play?

DrSuperGood

I am guessing its a segmentation fault error (accessing memory pages which are not allocated or are permission locked)? At least that is what error c0000005 flags up on the internet.

To help with the debugging process it might be useful for developers to recreate this error. Providing the save, its required paksets as well the steps to consistently recreate the crash would be perfect. That way it would be considerably easier to find where the fault is occurring and fix it.

DNGR

This is a game which I've been playing which has reached 1987.
Older saves of this game are OK, even if you fast forward them.

I am using plain PAK64. 

What is the best way of exchanging the save file?

Ters

Quote from: DrSuperGood on February 17, 2016, 05:35:38 PM
I am guessing its a segmentation fault error (accessing memory pages which are not allocated or are permission locked)? At least that is what error c0000005 flags up on the internet.

99% of errors are segmentation faults. Even when they are not, they are often reported as such by Windows. (In fact, technically it's never a segmentation fault, because both Windows and Linux all but disable segmentation, and only use paging.) Unfortunately, Windows reports the memory address where the read or write was attempted, not the address of the instruction attempting that read or write. Not that that would have helped much without debugging symbols for the released build.

An_dz

DNGR

Quote from: An_dz on February 17, 2016, 10:24:32 PM
You can upload a temporary zip at http://files.simutrans-germany.com/

I tried doing this, my best guess is that it didn't work, I certainly cannot see the file in the listing. Or maybe I uploaded it several times, it is DNGR-simutrans-crash.zip

An_dz

The file is probably too large, try uploading to MEGA, OneDrive, Google Drive, Dropbox.

DrSuperGood

The file is probably too large, try uploading to MEGA, OneDrive, Google Drive, Dropbox.
To clarify on this. You can create free accounts with cloud storage providers like DropBox. These free accounts usually permit several gigabytes of data storage which you have control over. You can then upload a very large file (bigger than here but not bigger than the free capacity) to the service. Once uploaded you can then use the share functionality to get a public link to the file. You can then share this link on this forum for others to download. You can either leave the file there forever, or eventually delete it if you decide to use the space on the account for other purposes later however you need to leave it there long enough for people here to download it and hopefully solve the issue.

Isaac Eiland-Hall

Also, as always, if you know FTP/SFTP, I can create an account on the server to upload files and send you login details.

DNGR

The file isn't very large 3.5MB, and I have used FTP for many years if required.

However, I've uploaded the file here
http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=76669667252680590191

this file contains the save, and a screenshot.
I haven't uploaded the PAKs etc as I was using the official simuwin-120-1-3 with PAK64.
I get the same crash on two different machines, both Win 7 64 bit.

Dwachs

thanks for uploading. Can reproduce the crash.

Edit: should work with nightly revision r7771. The bug was due to smoke producing factories at map border.
Parsley, sage, rosemary, and maggikraut.

DNGR

Quote from: Dwachs on February 23, 2016, 09:40:13 AM
thanks for uploading. Can reproduce the crash.

Edit: should work with nightly revision r7771. The bug was due to smoke producing factories at map border.

R7771 works fine and is stable with this game. Thanks.

There is a further minor problem with this game that goods do not go to a particular Home Market from a Furniture Factory and Sawmill, for no obvious reason, the train does not fill up. Is this a known problem in general?

DrSuperGood

There is a further minor problem with this game that goods do not go to a particular Home Market from a Furniture Factory and Sawmill, for no obvious reason, the train does not fill up. Is this a known problem in general?
Are the industries connected? Suppliers will not ship their goods to any old place, only to those on their supply list.

If the industries are connected then there must be some bug with the ordering logic.

Ters

Or the destination is already full.

Is there no goods at all, or is there goods at the station, and the trains just won't load them?

DNGR

Quote from: Ters on February 28, 2016, 08:09:04 AM
Or the destination is already full.

Is there no goods at all, or is there goods at the station, and the trains just won't load them?

This did not work, but now does!! Not sure why.
Previously the goods accumulated at the factory, the destination was not full this was the only source, and the train did not load, now it does!

I think something wasn't right, but clearly it is a transient problem.

Ters

Sounds like the strange waypoint related bug I reported a good while back, although my problem was with unloading vehicles. Simply doing something with the vehicle's schedule, and possible saving and reloading, would untangle that mess. Until next time.

DNGR

I did make one small change, which was to add an additional platform at the receiving station. However when I then redirected the train to the original platform it still worked.