News:

SimuTranslator
Make Simutrans speak your language.

(solved, all) Some little things

Started by sojo, February 19, 2009, 12:39:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sojo

The radio telescope is build from 1900. But, the first was build 1931 in reality.

The concert from MHz is build from 1492. But I think it looks very modern.
"English is a easy language. But not for me." ;) sojo

follow simutrans_de on Twitter
- A home for Simutrans (in german)

VS

Lol. Another of the small things that are wrong and we never see it.

All fixed. If you find more, please tell me again!

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

sojo

VS

Yes, but I do not understand well. I can build the train and start from depot...

It needs a back (rear) locomotive, maybe Gotthardlok forgot this? Dining cars (Speissewagen?) and locomotives need normal wagons on both sides, so they are built with one normal wagon. When there is only one possible and mandatory next vehicle, Simutrans builds it automatically.

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

sojo

I have asked back in german, for the back locomotive.

One littel thing more: AR-4 (Paasagierwagen)

sojo

The train is: "SBB_IC 2k"

And the problem is, this train needs no locomotive in game. But in reality needs this train a loco.

Edit: Some mistakes? more:

1. Highway Entrance and Highway Entrance Modern look alike and have the some values.
2. TS Meerstern Ozeanliner have a graficbug if it drive to the south direction. At the top of the picture drives a short line with the liner.

VS

Well, ic2k in game has a loco... the first part is a locomotive! Or are you saying that it should all be "passive" and need some other locomotive?

AR4, Highway entrance and the ship are now fixed, thanks!

sojo

Quote from: VS on February 20, 2009, 08:15:04 PM
Well, ic2k in game has a loco... the first part is a locomotive! Or are you saying that it should all be "passive" and need some other locomotive?
I think this "trailers" need a real loco. Also yes, they have to be passiv.

Look here: http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/IC2000

VS

Oh! I see. I asked Dirk and he explained, too.

The problem is - how can you ensure that hte train is complete?

sojo

Either you make all wagon without a engine or you need a seperate loco only for this train.

sojo

The wind mill (townbuilding) have in the german discription a /n in game.

VS

That is problem with translator, it added many \n for some objects. I don't know what to do...

whoami

Quote from: sojo on February 20, 2009, 08:00:10 PM
The train is: "SBB_IC 2k"
And the problem is, this train needs no locomotive in game. But in reality needs this train a loco.
After talking to VS, I have committed some kind of solution for this to the SVN:
- allow the Re460 (electric engine) at both ends (more engine types could be included as allowed)
- allow a control cab wagon (head and tail both are that) at either end
- I defined a new head (name SBB_IC2000, same looks) without engine, so people can start convoy assembly with it, and the matching name is taken for the convoy

- the old head still exists, but cannot should not be used for a new convoy any more; old trains continue to work

Problems:
- if playing without timeline, the old head is still shown in the depot (next to the new one), although being useless, and this may confuse people; maybe there is a way to hide it completely
- the constraints cannot prevent the placement of control cab wagons at both ends, but the convoy will fail to start due to lack of any engine, which may confuse, too
- the necessary engine is located on a different tab (it could be forced to come after the dining car, so it would get added automatically; or remove most constraints in order to allow any engine)

I could have omitted the new head, but not the old one.

Update: changed again (see build for r517; the earlier changes never became part of a Pak128 build on the nightlies site)
- the deprecated head is never offered when playing with timeline
- constraints allow any engine and also other wagons in front of the IC2000 wagons, but in itself, it's limited to a consistent IC2000 look (with trailing control cab car)

Bughu Baas

Another glitches:

- Diesel railcar "D-231 Shy" has a speed limit of 110 kmh except for the back part, which could run 120.
- Some tenders are available for a long time, but their locos are long gone (1972: RVg Goliath Tender, C62/D51 Tender, 2C1 Gepard Tender, RVg Express Tender, RVg Tender für Brennöl)

Malte

VS

Many thanks for the detailed report! All fixed in svn, today's version should include this.

micslu

P128-535 (WinGDI ST102.1-r2381)
Refinery: passenger/mail level information is missing.
Oilrig: same (but did Oilrigs have passenger/mail level before  ???)
Thanks!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
edit on 25/03/09

I now apologize for the above post.
So -- it seems factories outside city limits will not have Workers live in and thus no passenger/mail level.
My problem above had nothing to do with Pak data error. So sorry to the Pak maintainers.

I've played with smaller maps til now so all my previous factories were located within one of the cities. Now that I've started post v99 game with a large map, the only refinery and oil rig are located outside any city so only these two items were missing Passenger/Mail level information. I placed a new city near the refinery and instantly the Passenger/Mail level info appeared.

Again sorry, especially to the hardworking Pak maintainers.

Now I have new question regarding city limit and factory, but I will start this in the Help section.

VS

helifino

I have one...  The monorail train "TurboSet" head is listed as "diesel" while the tail is "fuel cell".

VS