Want to praise Simutrans?
Your feedback is important for us ;D.

limited resources

Started by airat9000, June 10, 2016, 05:55:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

airat9000

;) Translate google
Question to all!
And you can not do nothing, so that resources are only in some places as a deposit and is limited in the amount that would have been ever so many resources, and it would be fun to play.

rus оригинал
Вопрос ко всем!
А нельзя никак сделать, так, чтобы, ресурсы были только в некоторых местах как месторождения и ограничены в количестве, что бы не было вечно количество ресурсов и так было бы интереснее играть.

Isaac Eiland-Hall

[en] Welcome to the forum! :)

I'm afraid that I'm not catching your meaning. Google Translate is helpful most of the time, but I'm afraid it's not helpful enough in this case.

Can you try explaining in more detail what you're trying to express?

Are you trying to suggest that instead of unlimited resources, factories that mine for coal or sand or other resources should run out? If so, then that is probably not a good idea for Simutrans, since it would mean that after the resource ran out, there would be no replacement for it. So your entire factory chain would stop. No coal or iron ore means no steel. No steel means no automobiles. The economy would grind to a halt.

I don't want to discourage you from sharing ideas. A lot of great ideas have been made into Simutrans features over the years. And maybe I didn't successfully guess what was meant because of the language barrier. So especially if I did misunderstand, please feel free to try explaining more. :)

Again, thank you for coming here and posting. :)

[RU] Добро пожаловать на форум! :)

Боюсь, что я не прищемить смысл. Google Переводчик полезно большую часть времени, но, боюсь, это не достаточно полезно в этом случае.

Можете ли вы попробовать объяснить более подробно, что вы пытаетесь выразить?

Вы пытаетесь предположить, что вместо неограниченные ресурсы, заводы, занимающиеся добычей угля или песка или других ресурсов, должны работать вне дома? Если это так, то это, вероятно, не является хорошей идеей для Simutrans, так как это означало бы, что после того, как ресурс исчерпал, то не было бы никакой замены для него. Так что вся ваша фабрика цепь остановится. Ни один уголь или железная руда не означает, что не стали. Ни одна сталь не означает, что нет автомобилей. Экономика остановится.

Я не хочу, чтобы отговорить вас от обмена идеями. Много хороших идей были сделаны в Simutrans особенности на протяжении многих лет. А может быть, я не был успешно догадаться, что подразумевается из-за языкового барьера. Так, особенно если я сделал неправильно, пожалуйста, не стесняйтесь попробовать объяснить больше. :)

Опять же, спасибо, что пришли сюда и размещения. :)

airat9000

Yes you are right, but in the future there were other resources on the map. randomly ..

Example Point 1010 2938 was a coal resource
1) exhausted
but this has been found anywhere on the map where the free space not far from the previous location eg 1030 2500.

about you to understand me. ;D

Да вы правы, но чтобы в будущем находились другие ресурсы по карте. рандомно..

пример точка 1010 2938 был ресурс уголь
1) исчерпал себя
но до этого был найден еще где нибудь на карте где свободное место не по далеку от ранее месте к примеру 1030 2500 .

примерно вы меня поняли.

DrSuperGood

Experimental has something like that in the form of industry obsolescence. For example Pak128.britain coal mines shut down in experimental at a realistic date representing the depletion and closure of coal in the UK. Although not finite per say, it does limit the maximum amount of coal you can pull before the mine eventually closes due to the year of closure.

The main problem with limited resources in standard would be that something would need to replace the industries that deplete, either different industry (end game with no raw materials) or the same industry (new raw material from somewhere else). If one goes the alternative replacement route then you will end up with pretty boring end game as all steelmills and oil refineries and their related chains close down due to lack of resources. The renew approach from a gameplay perspective might end up being nothing more than wasting player's time and limiting maximum company size because past a certain size a player would eat up all his play time setting up replacement resource lines for ones that become exhausted.

Although I am all for something like experimental has where out dated factories can be replaced with newer ones, I do not think adding limited resources for raw material sites is that helpful.