News:

Want to praise Simutrans?
Your feedback is important for us ;D.

[r7847] Scenarios not loading

Started by HaydenRead, July 07, 2016, 01:16:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HaydenRead

I have tried multiple scenarios in Pak128 and they have all failed to load on r7847.
They all load fine on the 120.1.3 release
I have tried r7847 from the nightly build site, and compiled locally on my machine.
It seems to be missing 'scripts/script_base.nut'
Tried copying scripts/scenario_base.nut to scripts/script_base.nut and it got further loading Scenarios, but then came up with a large number of errors.

DrSuperGood

There have been a lot of changes to the squirrel code in the last week or so. I believe squirrel is the scripting language used by Simutrans for scenarios. Possible one of these recent changes has broken all of the scenarios.

Dwachs

Please download the full package. Some script files has been changed in the previous commit. Reason: Scriptable AI.
Parsley, sage, rosemary, and maggikraut.

Yona-TYT

Testing the "ai" script, I found this.

I try to open again and get a fatal error.

Dwachs

Thanks for the test. Seems like some debug code slipped in. Deleting the lines with gui.add_message_at should solve the problem. Here is the updated file:

https://github.com/Dwachs/simutrans-scenarios/blob/master/ai/sqai/road_connector.nut

Could you please post the error message of this fatal error?

Yona-TYT

Quote from: Dwachs on July 08, 2016, 06:33:57 AM
Thanks for the test. Seems like some debug code slipped in. Deleting the lines with gui.add_message_at should solve the problem. Here is the updated file:

https://github.com/Dwachs/simutrans-scenarios/blob/master/ai/sqai/road_connector.nut

Could you please post the error message of this fatal error?

Dwachs

How did you produce this message? What kind of savegame was loaded (simutrans version, with or without scripted AI)?

Yona-TYT

Quote from: Dwachs on July 08, 2016, 11:47:00 AM
How did you produce this message? What kind of savegame was loaded (simutrans version, with or without scripted AI)?
The problem persists even deleting the directory of simutrans. ???
Load only when I choose a different pakset.

The terminal says: script engine started.
Aborted ( `core'generated)

Dwachs

Which pakset does not work?
Can you please provide a step-by-step description to reproduce this crash?

Yona-TYT

Already I found the problem.
Somehow my pak64 broke, just after detecting the error with the script.

Try testing here: http://www.mediafire.com/download/vmvfjfoxy0sdal6/pak.zip

Dwachs

No crashes with this pak. It works for me.

Yona-TYT

Quote from: Dwachs on July 10, 2016, 09:45:26 AM
No crashes with this pak. It works for me.
Than strange when I start with this "pak" the fatal error is displayed, but if I start one clean pak runs smoothly. ???

Is there any way to create a backtrace or something that can be useful ?.

Ters

Quote from: Yona-TYT on July 10, 2016, 01:22:15 PM
Is there any way to create a backtrace or something that can be useful ?.

Run it with a debugger, as long as the executable has debugging symbols. The debugger must match the compiler used. For Linux, it is most certainly GDB. It might be so on Windows, or it might be one of Microsoft's debuggers, which are available in the Windows SDK, which is now only available with Visual Studio.

Dwachs

Could reproduce the fatal error. There were some strange data at the end of the savegame, it will be safely ignored with r7849.

Dwachs

Closing this thread, as it contains multiple bug reports. Some of them have been resolved in my opinion.