News:

Simutrans.com Portal
Our Simutrans site. You can find everything about Simutrans from here.

Where can i download the nettool?

Started by River, August 15, 2016, 12:36:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

River

I'm look for the nettool, Where can i download it? i only found it in the experimental version and i donno if i can use that on standard.

River

prissi

Since it is only needed with a self-compiled server, it is also self-compiled.

River

Oke thanks.

Do you know how to manage a server then. What i found about changing a password from the public player doesn't work on my server. Besides that i would like to know how to kick/ban players if its posible.

River

Fifty

You will need nettool to remove players, remove the password from a player, kick and ban players, etc. regardless of whether or not you compiled the server yourself. You can't do any of this from public service.

Here is an old compiled nettool I have lying around my computer. I have used this to administrate all of my servers in the past without issues, but I don't really know how old it is or where it came from (I don't think I compiled it): http://simutrans-germany.com/files/upload/nettool.zip

If you run nettool.exe from the command line it will tell you how to use it. You will need to restart your server, and add a command line flag

-server_admin_pw xxxx

where xxxx is the password that you will give nettool to allow you to access the admin functions.

I'm in your server (Player Name RF&P) so feel free to chat me in game if you are trying to figure more of this stuff out.
Why do we park on the driveway and drive on the parkway?

River