News:

Simutrans.com Portal
Our Simutrans site. You can find everything about Simutrans from here.

How fast goods are consumed?

Started by nuhgl, September 18, 2016, 05:28:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nuhgl

Clay Pit produce 176 tons of clay.
Pottery consumes 24 tons of clay, and produces 48 crates of goods.
China Shop consumes 32 crates of goods.

But how long does it take to produce also consume that amount?
I have default time length of 6:24:00.

I initially assumed that it takes 6:24:00 to produce 176 tons of clay in the pit, and so on but I cannot figure it out how fast businesses in Simutrans produces or consumes goods?

If I know exact time that a business in Simutrans consumes/produces than I know exactly how to plan logistical time-planning and scheduling.

River

you are looking at the wrong numbers. the first line of the window below the name shows how much it produced a month. i hope this helps.

its 44 for the clay pit, 6 for the pottery and 4 for the china shop

Ves

The values you have made red underlines at are the maximum stored capacity, ie how much good the factory it self can hold before it is full. The leftmost value is the actual amount of good in that space and the middle number (only on consumption good) is the amount of good on its way to that factory.

I think the values you are searching for is the one directly under the name of the industry, the line that says "Max. xx units per month".
I am not entirely sure how it translates, but that should basicly be the amount of good the industry can accumulate during a month.

Incidentally, is that not quite low numbers?

nuhgl

Aha!

I was looking at wrong figure..!

I assumed "Max. 00 units per month" was something to do with PAX and Mails, since their icons are right next to it.
Well Cheers River and Ves!

Quote from: Ves on September 18, 2016, 06:18:36 PM

Incidentally, is that not quite low numbers?

Ves, Indeed I started with 500kms by 500kms map, with 0 median population (although almost of cities generated have got around 200 populations), and changed to Public Player then started first industry. So this China Shop is located in very small village of 200 population. That could be the reason for having low demand? I am hoping to supply this China Shop and grow this village, then the China Shop might ask for more? :p

Quote from: River on September 18, 2016, 06:18:13 PM
you are looking at the wrong numbers. the first line of the window below the name shows how much it produced a month. i hope this helps.

its 44 for the clay pit, 6 for the pottery and 4 for the china shop

So for the China Shop is Max. 4 units per month. China Shop PRODUCES (Sells) not CONSUMES 4 Pottery Products.
Then how many potteries from the Pottery the China Shop need to produce 4 final pottery products per month?

Edited
May be the China Shop has "100%" on its Pottery Consumption, so Is that mean to produce 4 final pottery products, it needs equal amount of potteries too? so 4 potteries?

Vladki

China shop does not produce anything, it just consumes. The percents are to scale inputs and outputs to the value of max units/month. Eg. If Pottery could have max 100 units and needs 50% clay
And produces 120% chinaware, it will consume 50 t of clay/month and produce 120 crates of goods.
The pax/mail/lightning icons show if the industrt is boosted from transporting pax/mail/electricity.