Author Topic: Fictional UK, ROI and NW France in Simutrans Extended  (Read 11918 times)

Offline fam621

Fictional UK, ROI and NW France in Simutrans Extended
« on: December 10, 2016, 09:14:38 PM »
Edit: June 2017. This thread documents the fictional UK, ROI and NW France map, recreating the British Rail (and the french network in a fictional manor) using Simutrans Extended in a more fictional way which makes it more fun and interesting in terms of town/city names. Also the title (name) of the map (thread) has been shortened.

This is how the map looks like has of the last update.

Also, huge respect (credit) to Lewis for making the addons for the map and the Ireland part of the map will be built up when Lewis (hopefully) makes the trains. :D
« Last Edit: June 25, 2017, 03:30:38 PM by fam621 »

Offline Carl

Re: Fictional United Kingdom, Ireland (and maybe France) in Simutrans Extended
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2017, 11:46:27 AM »
Reminds me of Basingstoke, with the turning siding serving terminating trains in platform 1 :)

Offline Commander Noddy

Keep it on:) Looking forward:D

May The Force Be With You Always!

Offline NoMorePacers

Looking good. What exactly are your future plans for the map? Will you be introducing any express trains or anything like that? Just curious.

Offline NoMorePacers

Cool. Maybe freight trains?

Offline NoMorePacers

No problem mate. Anytime :).

Offline fam621

UPDATE! UPDATE! UPDATE! Its out now! Today and no other day!!!! The updated map features tons of new lines and realistic operations. Map available here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bzy63vjRdV2_Ymc1dnRYN1dQSWc. Pakset here (from Carls GB Map): https://www.dropbox.com/s/usnfhzto624surb/UK-Mar17.rar?dl=0. (Delete the map which comes with it has its from Carls GB Map, also, you need WinRAR to extract it has its a .rar file.) Enjoy folks!
« Last Edit: June 01, 2017, 08:19:07 PM by fam622 RBLX »

Offline Lewis

Might be out, however theirs too many roads  :)

Offline fam621

Updated Lewis, sorry about that.

Offline Lewis

Still the same link?

Offline fam621

New link added.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2017, 04:43:49 PM by fam621 »

Offline fam621

Clacston is really the busiest city on the map for a reason. With Delgrave to the east of Clacston.

« Last Edit: May 31, 2017, 07:40:06 PM by fam621 »

Offline fam621

Spoiler of things to come in the next update: Alterations to certain services to ease congestion on the South Western Mainline, new Virgin Trains EC service to Newcastle, construction of the West Coast Mainline and the addition of more bus routes to the map. Also to spolit it even more, I have uploaded this picture of Bidleigh Junction station post upgrade.

« Last Edit: May 31, 2017, 07:42:16 PM by fam621 »

Offline fam621

News: The West Coast Mainline construction has been delayed until after Phase 1 of the Scottish network has been built. I am sorry for this guys.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2017, 03:35:57 PM by fam621 »

Offline fam621

Teaser of the next update on GWR services! There is a brand new green machine hiding in the station shed at Swansea (Abertawe) station.

« Last Edit: May 31, 2017, 07:39:32 PM by fam621 »

Offline fam621

The West Coast Mainline (Scotrail services) section has been completed with services starting to operation on the line. :)

Offline fam621

The WCML has been completed has well has the GWML Electrification with the full replacement of the HST's on that route has well. Also, the Cotswolds Line has been built and the Chiltern line has also been built has well has the North Wales lines and improvements have been made to the SWT/XC services to reduce delays. There are links to the photos of the GWML below.

The updated map will be posted tomorrow. But, until then! Be ready for the next episode of the UK Map on Simutrans Extended.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2017, 10:25:25 AM by fam621 »

Offline Carl

Nice screenshots! I'm intrigued to hear more about how the map relates to reality - you're using a mixture of real and fictional names for lines and places.

Offline fam621

I think that having a fictional map is better than having such a real map which is boring at times but at the same time its still fun. But, I think that fictional maps are better.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2017, 03:36:10 PM by fam621 »

Offline fam621

Glasgow Central and Glasgow Queen Street Stations. (Picture taken before the Chorwick line was built)

(I posted it on another thread has a sike!) xD
« Last Edit: May 31, 2017, 07:46:30 PM by fam621 »

Offline Lewis

have you fixed my trains that I linked you for on your GB map page

My trains, also you might be happy to know i am working on them right now

Offline fam621

Glad to hear.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2017, 03:36:15 PM by fam621 »

Offline fam621

The update is now out featuring a lot of changes to the timetable and the Scotland network been done up has well has new trains been added to the routes that run up there. Click here for the map and click here for the pakset. Don't use the map which comes with it has the pakset is from this map made by Carl Baker. Also, you will need these addon's or the trains will be auto replaced. Click here for the addons. Also, credit to Lewis for the addon's.

This picture is of Clacston City Centre.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2017, 03:44:50 PM by fam621 »

Offline Lewis

Could you include my name for the other trains. Bit of credit to me thats all.  ;)

Offline fam621

Edited that into the post above yours.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2017, 09:15:22 PM by fam621 »

Offline fam621

Aberdeen is pretty much finished (that's when I add one more bus route to the city) with the ferry services added in recently. So, I decided to take a picture of the work that I have been doing. :)

The bus line you see connects the ferry service from the Sir George McLeash ferryport.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2017, 11:22:50 AM by fam621 »

Offline fam621

Glasgow Central and Glasgow Queen Street stations have been upgraded to have more platforms so that both stations can hold more trains.

Offline fam621

Fam, this thread is about Carl's Great Britain map and whatever Carl himself decides to discuss. Unless he takes it up himself, this thread is not about your map, Lewis vehicles, dat file coding problems, other simutrans problems etc. there are other threads for those discussions/problem solvings. Other people reading this thread are not interested in that if it's not related to the subject of the thread. Lastly, remember what we talked about earlier about asking other people to do stuff for you? ;)
Respect Lewis answer as is and don't bug him.
Now, please don't answer to this, we should really get back to hear more about Carl's Great Britain map (and more about your map in your thread)! :)

I actually need to because, I feel kind of offended now. The part about Lewis involves progress.... Its true that its Mr. Bakers map but at the same time, I might want to joke around. Also, I can only make liveries for trains, not compile them, has that's too much to take up on my mind ATM. In-fact, let me be honest now, I only play Simutrans for fun, not to get shouted at by other people....

Online Ves

I'm sorry if I sounded like shouting, it was not my intention.
And of course it's ok to joke around to some extent :)
We are all here for the fun of playing simutrans, and I like reading updates about your map and look at the pictures to get inspiration! :) also I use it occasionally to test bugs and the GUI elements I'm working on.

Offline fam621

Thank you Ves.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2017, 03:36:32 PM by fam621 »

Offline fam621

Re: Fictional United Kingdom, ROI (and now France) in Simutrans Extended
« Reply #30 on: June 03, 2017, 05:41:36 PM »
[INTERNATIONAL DEVELOPMENT NEWS] Work on the fictional railway system in France has started with a commuter line been built on the patch of land which comes with the UK map. Also, the Eurostar route is been built with a few small problems along the way and hopeful that it gets fixed and the tunnel built before the next update. A picture of the progress has been attached below.

Note: ROI means the Republic of Ireland. :)

Offline fam621

Re: [NEWS] Fictional United Kingdom, ROI and France in Simutrans Extended
« Reply #31 on: June 04, 2017, 02:43:26 PM »
We now have a passenger breakthrough in France! Eurostar and SNCF ran (buses and train) passenger services are now starting to run and will be part of the many updates which will feature in the next update of the map. (Due to the images being big, only the first picture will be shown below and the others will be links to them.) Click here for the picture of Paris. Click here for the picture of Gosfield (and Wennell). and finally! Click here for the picture of Pidmere.

Offline fam621

Re: Fictional United Kingdom, ROI and France in Simutrans Extended
« Reply #32 on: June 07, 2017, 03:43:23 PM »
Teasers of whats to come soon! xD

« Last Edit: July 07, 2017, 03:36:55 PM by fam621 »

Offline NoMorePacers

Re: Fictional United Kingdom, ROI and France in Simutrans Extended
« Reply #33 on: June 08, 2017, 05:55:37 PM »
I don't get it.

Offline fam621

This teaser is quite obvious, BECAUSE its Edinburgh (Haymarket and Waverley Stations)! Also, NoMorePacers (I'm liking the name choice because, I hate pacers myself), the 2 other teasers were made not to be so obvious. :)

« Last Edit: July 07, 2017, 03:38:19 PM by fam621 »