News:

SimuTranslator
Make Simutrans speak your language.

Road choose/end of choose: Am I mistaken ?

Started by gauthier, December 13, 2016, 09:59:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gauthier

Situation:
I have a road station with several stops and with only two entry points. Buses from both side need to choose their stop, that's why I placed a choose sign at both side.
Then I have trucks that need to pass the station without stopping in. Of course, they remained stuck in front of the choose signs for a long time before moving again as their next stop is far away.

Tried solution:
I placed end of choose signs before (looking to interior) each choose sign.

Expected:
The end of choose signs cancel stop choosing process when the truck tries to look for a platform past this sign.

Happening:
Trucks remain stuck here forever, even if there's nothing at their arrival stop or in this road station.

"End of choose are not designed for that, you're stupid !" -> Yes, I got that, thanks.

So my questions are: how end of choose really works ? (I never had problems with them on tracks using them this way).
Is there a solution to my problem ?

Thanks in advance  :D

An_dz

I never understood them too, so I'm quite curious for the answer too. :D

Ters

My rule is to only ever use choose signs/signals on cul-de-sacs and to consider anything else as Doomed To Fail™. I think there were some changes related to through traffic a while back, but maybe it was only done for choose signals, and not choose signs?

Vladki

I would expect the EOC sign to work as you expect. The only fail I notice is that one of your signs is on crossroads. How did you got it there?

Ters

Quote from: Vladki on December 14, 2016, 04:57:57 PM
The only fail I notice is that one of your signs is on crossroads. How did you got it there?

Build a straight road, place signs, then build the intersecting road. It's an old loophole. Unless it is supposed to have been fixed recently.

I would expect the EOC sign to work as you expect.

If it is the sign on the intersection, then it may indeed fail to register.

gauthier

I would expect the EOC sign to work as you expect. The only fail I notice is that one of your signs is on crossroads. How did you got it there?
Signs can be placed on crossroad without error messages. I do it only with end of choose as they have no direction. With tracks it works fine.

Ters

Just shows that these things are too complex to try to understand, and therefore use.