News:

Simutrans Wiki Manual
The official on-line manual for Simutrans. Read and contribute.

Pak128 savegame

Started by wipi35, February 28, 2009, 06:48:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wipi35

Herewith a Pak 128 savegame.  It's abt 1,2 Mb, now running  with  P508 and one of the latest nightlies ( R2344). 
Some characteristics:
There are 9 cities with a total of 450.000 inhabitants.
Every city has at least 1 supermarket, 1 cardealer and 1 fuelstation and for every kind of product there is only one factory. See screenshot.
Everything connected by abt.  650 vehicles  in 140 lines.
Download here:
http://simutrans-germany.com/files/upload/K06.sve
Sreenshot in full resolution:
http://simutrans-germany.com/files/upload/screenshot_K06.png

Hope you enjoy it, all comments are welcome!

Trukker

Thanks I will try, perhaps not before monday.

It should be fun to see all the vehicules running.

gauthier

I don't understand why do you build this kind of station access ... (see left part of the screenshot).

You solution seems much more complicated than mine (see right part of the screenshot) :D

wipi35

Quote from: gauthier on March 01, 2009, 01:47:05 PM
I don't understand why do you build this kind of station access ... (see left part of the screenshot).

Thank you for downloading and observing my savegame!

For multiplatform stations I mostly use a choosesignal at the entrance. So trains can arrive and leave from any platform. I hate trains making zigzag movements, now they depart in a straight line.

gauthier

yes but it maked many useless pieces of tracks ... and it's not very nice :D

Other things :
_ you have as long ICE trains as they can't reach 200 km/h ...
_ you build a 160 km/h bridge on a 400 km/h line ...
_ you build a highway bridge in a city ...

Were you mistaken or ... ?

knightly

@Wipi35

I have tried your save game and it's really impressive.  :D

And one thing caught my eyes : the grain farms are very large, with so many tiles of grain field surrounding. May I ask how did you do this? I tried to switch to public player and add a grain farm with >1000 units of production, but still it only have 1 ring of grain fields surrounding the centre...

Many thanks in advance!

VS

These fields slowly grow. Be patient and you may see them :)

Not to mention that you'll need at least last release of 128.

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

knightly

@ VS

Thanks for your info!  :D I am currently using Pak 128 v1.4.4 on Simutrans v101. Is that sufficient?

By "these fields slowly grow", do you mean the production capacity will also increase, alongside with increasing number of surrounding grain fields? Besides, is it necessary that transportation links be established for the whole industry chain before the grain field can grow?

VS

Yes, iirc 1.4.4 has at least 40 fields per farm (the number rose from 10 to 20, then 40 and finally 80?).

I think they appear regardless of anything. The only factor is - they must be on the same height as farm building.

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

knightly

Thanks for your feekback, VS. Have tried myself and it's really nice to see a vast expanse of golden grain fields in Autumn, so awesomely beautiful! Many thanks to those who painted such nice fields and to those who made fields possible to grow.

BTW, I have tried leaving the grain field alone without supplying transport connections, and it will not grow (have watched for >10 Simutrans years already). And it's good to see that the production units per month also increase with increased number of fields!

wipi35

Quote from: gauthier on March 02, 2009, 05:30:40 PM
_ you have as long ICE trains as they can't reach 200 km/h ...
I agree that it's not the fastest but I used this train because it can transport passengers and mail.

Quote from: gauthier on March 02, 2009, 05:30:40 PM
_ you build a 160 km/h bridge on a 400 km/h line ...
You're right, there are three bridges and one of them was not changed after upgrading the line.

Thanks for your comments!