News:

Simutrans Chat Room
Where cool people of Simutrans can meet up.

WHEN I try to go underground, it crashes!

Started by fam621, January 13, 2017, 09:07:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fam621

Whenever I try to go underground, the game crashes. :(

jamespetts

I am afraid that I cannot reproduce this on your UK2 map. Are you able to upload or send me a copy of a saved game in which this can reliably be reproduced?
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

jamespetts

Thank you for sending me a copy of the saved game.  However, I still cannot reproduce this. Does it occur only in a specific location of the map? Also, can you let me know what version that you are running by giving me the build date visible on the screen that you see when you select "new map"?

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

fam621

It happens everywhere. The 13th of January 2017 is the build date.

jamespetts

That is very odd - I still cannot reproduce this.

Has anyone else had this problem with a build from the 13th of January?

jamespetts

The question was rather intended to be asked of other people who had used this version.

Ves

Il have a check, but im not home this weekend might take some days

fam621

fam621

I still crash when I try to view underground roads/railways.

Ves

Not yet, just managed to compile the game again. Where can I find your savegame?

fam621

Ves

jamespetts

I did fix a bug that I found relating to a crash when entering underground mode over the week-end, so it may be that your problem is solved by a current build.

Ves

Ive downloaded the game and I could not trigger a crash when going underground, neither using SHIFT-U or pressing the underground tool. Fam, try the latest build http://server.exp.simutrans.com/Devel-new-builds/, and see if it works for you.
James, could it otherwise be an outdated simuconf.tab? Mine (and yours and other selfcompilers) gets updated automatically when we press sync, but those downloading a nightly build, would have to download it manually.

Fam, try reinstall the entire simutrans experimental folder found in the "Simutrans-Experimental Devel-new.zip" file on the server.

However, nice map you made fam!  :thumbsup:

jamespetts

It should not be anything in simuconf.tab because: (1) most of the settings there are saved with the saved game; (2) nothing in there relating to underground views has been changed recently; and (3) even an outdated simuconf.tab should not cause a crash.

I do agree with Ves, however, that it is a good idea to try the latest builds.