News:

Simutrans Chat Room
Where cool people of Simutrans can meet up.

server_save_game_on_quit not working

Started by Vladki, January 14, 2017, 07:38:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vladki

Hello,

I think that the option server_save_game_on_quit = 1 does not work. I have it set to 1 but if I kill the server (Ctrl-C) nothing is saved at all. Is there a way how to make the server to save the game, apart from connecting with a client?

jamespetts

I have not looked into this in detail, but I do not think that a setting like this will work if you kill the server process externally: can you check whether it works by ending it from within using nettool?
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Vladki

The comment in simuconf.tab says:

# Server saves savegame when being killed (default=0 off)

so I thought it should work.

I have tried nettol shutdown, and it does not save either.

jamespetts

I have pushed a possible fix for this, but have not yet had chance to test it. Would you be able to test this to check whether it makes any difference? Thank you for the report.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Vladki

Vladki

Oh, I have noteced that upon nettool shutdown, the server game is saved to autosave-pak128.something.sve.
I was looking for the server133535-network.sve

jamespetts

Ah - is this the same behaviour as Standard? I have not had a chance to look into this one yet.