News:

Simutrans.com Portal
Our Simutrans site. You can find everything about Simutrans from here.

Cargo disappears in exchange

Started by accord2, February 04, 2017, 01:12:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

accord2

I had this problem before but constructing a bulk goods bunker next to the station would fix it. Now it doesn't work any more. Maybe I am doing this wrong, I don't know.
I built a cargo line from a grain farm to a dock, from the dock it goes by ship to another dock in an island and from the island's dock to the grain mill. Then it goes to the bakery in the same island. The problem is the grain disappears at the first dock. The cargo horses delivery it and I get the money (3.20 £) but the cargo never gets in the ship or in the dock, it disappears.
Son of a railroad man,  growing up in train stations, lover of trains

jamespetts

Each stop has a transfer time: cargo unloaded at a stop will not be ready to be collected at the stop again until that transfer time has passed. You can see the transfer time in the stop's details window. I hope to be able to improve the representation of this in the GUI at some stage, but there is such an enormous backlog of tasks, some of them very time-consuming, that I have not got around to it yet.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

accord2

You mean the transshipment time? It is 3:42, but I have the dock there (with all the vehicles for connection) at least one month.

jamespetts

Can you upload a saved game in which this issue can reliably be reproduced?

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

accord2

accord2

I kept playing and only in August the ship started loading. Maybe the time was 3 months? Isn't that too much time? I don't know, but that is confusing. But it's working now.

jamespetts

I think that I have fixed the bug causing the excessive transshipment times (although please note that the fix will only take effect for cargo unloaded at the stop after the fix has been applied): are you able to re-test to see whether the problem still occurs? I should be most grateful.