News:

Simutrans.com Portal
Our Simutrans site. You can find everything about Simutrans from here.

Some road vehicles ignore reverse schedule

Started by accord2, February 05, 2017, 01:59:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

accord2

I had this problem before but it was fixed. Now it is back but only with some vehicles. The problem is: I have routes between A and D, with stop B and C in the middle (because of the 25 km range for horses). Some vehicles behave correctly, other don't. They ignore the reverse schedule order and want to go immediately to the first stop, causing the "out of range" error, then go to depot. I order them to go to the last station (where they already are) but they still ignore the reverse schedule and want to go to the first. I just sell them.
EDIT: Also, some ignore the stop order and want to go to the third stop, without stopping at second, what causes the same error message.
Son of a railroad man,  growing up in train stations, lover of trains

jamespetts

Thank you for the report. Can you upload a saved game in which this can reliably be reproduced?
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

accord2

jamespetts

Thank you for that. Can you identify which specific vehicles that this affects? That would help me greatly. Thank you.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

accord2

Quote from: jamespetts on February 05, 2017, 11:26:01 PM
Thank you for that. Can you identify which specific vehicles that this affects? That would help me greatly. Thank you.
I don't understand what you mean. It affects the vehicles from beginning game, the horse pulled trailers available from 1750. I still haven't played in later epochs.

jamespetts

No, I mean, which specific convoys in the game actually display this problem? You write that only some vehicles show this behaviour, so I need to know which ones are affected so that I can easily find the problem.

accord2

Quote from: jamespetts on February 06, 2017, 09:50:59 PM
No, I mean, which specific convoys in the game actually display this problem? You write that only some vehicles show this behaviour, so I need to know which ones are affected so that I can easily find the problem.
Oh, I see. I really don't know, it just happens to some random vehicles. Do you want me to send another save game with a specific convoy? If you put the game in fast-forward and wait it works too.
EDIT: Here is a new save: https://www.dropbox.com/s/3s9cjg5qs9c24an/171%20single%20horse%20bug.sve?dl=0
The vehicle is (171) Single Horse

jamespetts

I am currently reviewing old bug reports and I notice that this one appears to have no reported resolution. May I ask whether this can still be reproduced?