News:

Simutrans Forum Archive
A complete record of the old Simutrans Forum.

Crashing when fast forwarding

Started by SWFC1867, February 18, 2017, 02:26:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SWFC1867

Have not played simutrans in a while but decided to play a couple of days ago and having problems with the game crashing when fast forwarding with maps of over 1024x1024 on Britain Map pack (on both steam and running the game independent), having used larger maps on the same computer before i was surprised, wondering if this is a know problem as all my driver and are upto date. Tried uninstalling and re-downloading even tried to load some previous saves but still have the problem.
Computer Spec:
1.9Ghz Processor, upto 2.6 with turboboost
8gb RAM
Windows 10

jamespetts

Welcome to the forums: sorry that you are having trouble. Are you able to post a link to a saved game in which this issue can reliably be reproduced so that I can try to fix it?

Thank you for your report.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

SWFC1867

https://1drv.ms/f/s!AkoWAFGBfEfjbBt5CHXR85CUrBI

Here is the link, the save game was just created, but still crashes on my machine

jamespetts

I can reproduce this in the latest nightly build. The problem is a division by zero error in simfab.cc at line 112. This appears to be as a result of prod being zero without any checks for this. I have not produced a patch to fix this because I am not clear on whether it is intended that prod may ever be zero (in which case, all that is needed is a simple check before trying to divide in line 112), or whether it is an error that prod may ever be zero, in which case some further consideration will be needed as to why it arises.

Prod is set to zero in line 1790 in simfab.cc in this saved game shortly after loading, which suggests a rounding error of some sort.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

SWFC1867

The save file was created with default settings / factory setting the game starts with. I am a newbie to this, is there a way to stop this from happening?

jamespetts

Hopefully, the main developers will find and fix the problem causing this soon.

SWFC1867

thanks for your help, hopefully sooner rather than later.

Dwachs

Thanks for the report. This should work again with r8103. Please download at http://nightly.simutrans.com/en/ which should hopefully be updated in the next 18 hours.
Parsley, sage, rosemary, and maggikraut.