News:

Simutrans Forum Archive
A complete record of the old Simutrans Forum.

Server listing is down?

Started by AP, February 25, 2017, 10:49:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AP

It looks like the Server Listings page is down today?

prissi

Yes, the server restarted on its own six hours ago. I just returned and staretd the svn and simlist again. Thanks for reporting.

nil

Has it been down again since two days ago?
Sorry for my poor English :‌)

prissi

The uptime was just now 9h 30 min, so it restarted at least then. Please PM me, when you noticed that the list server ist down.

EDIT: There server is up, but I cannot get a response. However, I can connect to the SVN. Maybe node.fs did not liked the last upgrade. I will investigate tomorrow, as midnight has already passed here.

EDIT2:
The last node.ls update (or server update) barred port 80 for unknown reason. It now answers again, but it main no recieve any announcements. Still working on it.

Taurus

For me and a friend of mine playing on the same Server it is having a strange effect. Every time the announce server is down there is the issue that we cant build or buy anything. We can view any info on trains or other things. Using rr7974 ST Version: 120.1.4

DrSuperGood

QuoteFor me and a friend of mine playing on the same Server it is having a strange effect. Every time the announce server is down there is the issue that we cant build or buy anything. We can view any info on trains or other things. Using rr7974 ST Version: 120.1.4
Could be because the server is frozen trying to connect to the announce server. This should take 15-60 seconds to time out.

Had this happen when I was IP banned. Instead of returning a connection refused or some kind of sane error back, it instead discards all packets and forces the connection to time out. Trying to connect to google or any blocked service in China has the same problem as their great firewall just discards packets instead of correctly returning an error packet.

This is why TCP communications need their own threads, or to use a "future" style interface.

yorkeiser

Up, server listing (not experimental) seems to be broken from two or three days... http://servers.simutrans.org/list gives no results to me
Cheers

Guillaume

Yes, the server list is still down, is the re a way to fix it ? I can't connect to Lynxserver anymore.

yorkeiser

You can connect manually writing the server's url (sim1.alterbaum.net:13353) but lynxserver is quite unresponsive and unplayable, I don't know if it's due to the unavailability of server list

Michael 'Cruzer'

If you've enabled reporting to the server list on your server, then your server might get unstable if the server list is down. I usually recommend to just disable the listing of your server at the server list, when the server list is down. (Or don't list at all if you're just playing with friends anyways.)
Founder and Ex-Maintainer of pak192.comic. Provider of Simutrans Hosting rental service.

ITK Transport

Hi everyone, it seems like the announce server  is down again

Kobalt

Quote from: ITK Transport on September 03, 2017, 09:41:29 PM
Hi everyone, it seems like the announce server  is down again
I agree, seems to be down for several days now.

prissi

Yes I was away, and unfourtunately the restart script is not easy to automate.

Vladki

Quote from: prissi on September 09, 2017, 03:13:50 PM
Yes I was away, and unfourtunately the restart script is not easy to automate.
Just run it in infinite loop in shell script.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

prissi

Since the listing server goes down after random restarts without my intervention, this does not work. Using an init.d script, did also not work, since ip tables and node.js must be ready at that time, and they seems not to be that fast.

In the end, now there is a timer that attempts to restart the node script every hour at the 53 minute. So in worst case the server is down for 59 minutes. (Since this is a virtual server costing 11.50 EUR/year, a reboot anyway takes about 5 min.)

Vladki

Did you try starting the listing server script in /etc/rc.local ? That should be started as the last thing during startup. And I really doubt that iptables would affect the ability of the script to start.
Or you can make a crontab entry with "@reboot" to start it.

Kobalt

Quote from: prissi on September 10, 2017, 02:02:50 PM
Since the listing server goes down after random restarts without my intervention, this does not work. Using an init.d script, did also not work, since ip tables and node.js must be ready at that time, and they seems not to be that fast.

In the end, now there is a timer that attempts to restart the node script every hour at the 53 minute. So in worst case the server is down for 59 minutes. (Since this is a virtual server costing 11.50 EUR/year, a reboot anyway takes about 5 min.)

Thanks  :D!