News:

Simutrans Tools
Know our tools that can help you to create add-ons, install and customize Simutrans.

Farewell (almost)

Started by isidoro, March 14, 2009, 04:41:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

isidoro

I guess that if this is the place of the forum to say hello, it is the place to say goodbye.  If not, please excuse me.

Some time ago, I started my own project about building a transport city-building simulation game, maybe inspired by the well-known document by Hajo (I couldn't say for sure, learning Chinese is getting a good part of my memory) and my experience playing with OTTD and other similar games.  In the meantime, I was happily "kidnapped" by this game of ours.  Now, I think it is time to focus on my project again.  I'll be lurking around here but my intention is to be less active and only participate in threads talking about me or my patches.

I would like to thank all of you, specially Prissi, for your dedication.  You're a great community.

For people interested in these matters, let this be my statement that all the code and patches developed by me hitherto and posted in this or the old forums are given "as is" to the Simutrans community (whatever this may mean) and the community is entitled to use, reuse or even abuse them as it sees fit.

Best regards,
Isidoro.

Combuijs

Thank you for all your contributions and good luck with your project!
Bob Marley: No woman, no cry

Programmer: No user, no bugs

the almighty snark

Thanks for all that you have done! And the best luck with your new project!

vilvoh

It's a pitty but all we can is to thank you for all your work, specially for implementing the overtaking patch, and wish you good luck in your project. Btw, If you need help with graphics, just ask.... ;)

Escala Real...a blog about Simutrans in Spanish...

VS

As already said: good luck.

:(

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

colonyan

best wishes...! We are always here.

jamespetts

Isidoro,

it is a great pity to be losing you - your patches and idea contributions have been most worthwhile. I can only imagine the great number of players whose game experience, for example, will be enhanced by your replacing system for vehicles. Very best wishes for your new project: when you have a working alpha version, do come back and let us know about it!
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

prissi

Well sorry to loose you, we always need some coders here too ...

isidoro

Thank you all for your kind answers.

Quote from: vilvoh on March 14, 2009, 12:58:11 PM
[...] Btw, If you need help with graphics, just ask.... ;)
Vilvoh, if the project arrives to something useful, I'll take your word...  Maybe you receive a message asking for help in a couple of years... ;)

Fabio

good luck for all your projects!
and when you pass here to say hi, you'll be welcome!!!