News:

Simutrans Sites
Know our official sites. Find tools and resources for Simutrans.

Default for "use same shift for all stops"

Started by AP, June 04, 2017, 06:44:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AP

In the line creation dialogue, currently "use same shifts for all stops" is ticked by default.

It seems to me that the most likely use of the shift functionality is with this disabled (as identified by Carl in his tutorial http://forum.simutrans.com/index.php?topic=9241.0) , so I suggest the default might be better with this set to be unticked.
Quote from: Carl on February 10, 2012, 01:50:11 PM
First, deselect "Use same shift for all stops".

James has asked this be posted to see what others think on the matter. Any thoughts?

Vladki

jamespetts

Thank you for starting/participating in this discussion. It would be very helpful to have more thoughts on this matter; does anyone else have any views on this question?
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Ves

I tend to leave it checked if not I need it to be unchecked, but it could as well be unchecked by default for my sake.

jamespetts

Quote from: Ves on June 04, 2017, 07:29:18 PM
I tend to leave it checked if not I need it to be unchecked, but it could as well be unchecked by default for my sake.

Is there a particular reason that you leave it checked, or is it just that you do not see the point in bothering to un-check it in those cases?
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

AP

Having it checked presumably requires a geometrically very evenly designed route,  to be efficient?

Ves

Mostly that I like them to depart at the same time from each end of a route, in order for the line to operate symmetrically. I tend to uncheck it and adjust manually if I need detailed schedule management or if there is an uneven amount of vehicles where you need "X and a half" vehicle per direction to make it the schedule work.

It could be made a setting in simuconf.tab what the default value is?