News:

Simutrans Wiki Manual
The official on-line manual for Simutrans. Read and contribute.

"Grill" materials rendered as transparent

Started by Rollmaterial, November 12, 2017, 09:30:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rollmaterial

I am making new liveries for the Class 47. When I render them, the roof elements using the "grill" materials are rendered as transparent. How do I fix this?

jamespetts

Hmm - there must be an issue with the alpha settings - this was probably set up before transparency was introduced. I cannot rembmer the exact location of this in the menus now as I am away from home and without access to the computer that runs Blender, but there should be somewhere in the material settings for the grill material a setting for alpha transparency - you just need to reduce this to make the material more opaque. I hope that this helps. Thank you very much for your work on the liveries - it is a splendid thing to have people working on this.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

DrSuperGood

I thought transparency was only for shadows, and even then the logic is inaccurate.

jamespetts

I presume that this transparency was intended to be internal, as this model was made before Simutrans supported transparency.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Rollmaterial