News:

Simutrans Wiki Manual
The official on-line manual for Simutrans. Read and contribute.

A quite large map... 4,000,000 passengers per year!

Started by tommylommykins, December 29, 2009, 02:47:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tommylommykins

Here's a passenger-only, underground-only, rail only, single-level map, which I used to teach myself how to build rail networks. I think I've succeeded in creating reasonably efficient transport: It moves 4 million people per year! I wonder if I've set any simutrans records for volume of passengers moved... :D

This is the busiest part of the map: It's the first of three hub stations I built. it's pretty obvious that it's sprawling, and badly, sort-of immaturely designed.

This is the same station, zoomed out:

Some statistics for the station: Max. 218 convoys per month, and almost 100,000 passengers!

A more mature stattion design: Here, my largest city (280,000 ciizens) is served by a single station. I think any other method for dealing with an urban centre of that size would be sheer madness.

A reasonable design for a hub station: This one only serves around 120 trains... slightly more than Half that of Glasgow Hub, however the station entries and exits are slightly bottlenecked. I also built the entire network on the same level, which means lines must cross each other very often :(

A map of the whole network:

More statistics: More than a million citizens, and over 4 million travelled :D

Savegame is here:
http://www.uploadthis.co.uk/uploads/atomtoma/TooBigMap.sve

Combuijs

Nice game! And then you still left alone part of the map and all factories!
Bob Marley: No woman, no cry

Programmer: No user, no bugs

vilvoh

Escala Real...a blog about Simutrans in Spanish...

Limoncello

I dont talk very good english

Incredible! that imagination is amazing!

MeHazTrainz

gauthier

I don't like this kind of network ... everything straight, not much relief ... an industrialy way of transporting passengers  :-[

wipi35

Concerning large maps I herewith post a savegame which is abt 3 times as large with also a 4M passengers a year. The map is 1750x1750, downloaded from the Simutrans Map site, covering Germany. I added the main cities and connected them all. The game is not completed yet, I'm now working on additional industries. Up till now all cities have supermarkets which are all supplied by 1 cannery, 1 foodprocessing factory and 1 brewery (München of course!).
Used Pak 128-888, no additional add-ons, timeline=off.

http://files.[ simutrans [dot] us (site down, do not visit) ]/files/get/UjllGhBP3g/germany.png is the screenshot

http://files.[ simutrans [dot] us (site down, do not visit) ]/files/get/T4RHeHS5Mf/ge1976.sve the savegame, take care, it's 15,6 MB

stmaker

So that means...

Bigger Cities = A lot of Passengers = Biggest Network (connected from 10 and above large cities)

Correct right?
Version using: Simutrans v111.0
Paks: pak64, pak96.comic, pak128 openr582, pak128.Britain, pak128.Japan, pak192.comic
Using: Paint.NET, Paint, Photoshop, SketchUp
Future Addon(s): Building (Link)
Current Addon(s): Eye-See Mart and Several Building addons  Ask me any questions. I'm free.

stmaker

Quote from: gauthier on May 21, 2010, 03:11:49 PM
correct ;)

:O

Then, I gotta make bigger cities.

EDIT:
Are there any addons?

Downloaded. And I got amazed!
Version using: Simutrans v111.0
Paks: pak64, pak96.comic, pak128 openr582, pak128.Britain, pak128.Japan, pak192.comic
Using: Paint.NET, Paint, Photoshop, SketchUp
Future Addon(s): Building (Link)
Current Addon(s): Eye-See Mart and Several Building addons  Ask me any questions. I'm free.

Matthew

Quote from: Bogdan on August 12, 2019, 10:28:48 AM
The Link Dosent Work Anymore

Welcome to the International Simutrans Forums, Bogdan!  :)

This thread is almost ten years old, so sadly the links don't work.

If you are interested in big maps, then you might enjoy Carl's GB simulation.

You can also introduce yourself to the community.
(Signature being tested) If you enjoy playing Simutrans, then you might also enjoy watching Japan Railway Journal
Available in English and simplified Chinese
如果您喜欢玩Simutrans的话,那么说不定就想看《日本铁路之旅》(英语也有简体中文字幕)。