News:

Simutrans Tools
Know our tools that can help you to create add-ons, install and customize Simutrans.

New facotry smokes

Started by Vladki, October 09, 2017, 08:20:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vladki

Rotations backported, pull request created. https://github.com/jamespetts/simutrans-extended/pull/151/files

But as written in the comment: It started by the weird condition in simobj.cc, where objects with xoff=0 were not affected at all, which broke the smoke rotations. But removing that condition broke bridges, and required a fix in bruecke.cc, pillar.cc and wayobj.cc. Unfortunately it is possible that some more objects will be affected by this. Nobody knows why that weird condition xoff=0 was put in place.

jamespetts

Thank you for this. Can I check what is intended with the branches here: we have a smoke-improvements branch and a smoke-prissi branch. Are they intended both to be merged into the master branch, or only one of them? The smoke-prissi branch does not seem to have anything relating to new smoke parameters: just the rotation fixes.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Vladki

smoke-improvements branch is to be discarded.

The smoke improvements that have been implemented in standard are different from my proposal.
I will backport them to the smoke-prissi branch. I was just waiting for makeobj compilation to be fixed.
Stay tuned.

(and pakset fixes will follow)

jamespetts

Splendid, thank you: do let me know when this is ready for me to look at.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.