News:

SimuTranslator
Make Simutrans speak your language.

Factory data

Started by Milko, December 04, 2017, 09:28:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milko

Hello James

Can you explain better the production and consumption figures of the factories (as in attach)?

Prod x/y, type of good, z%

Cons x/y(z)/d, q%

I dont' understand variables.

Thank's

zook2

I asked the same question a long time ago, but can't find the thread again. And it's not in the Help files, either...

Anyway, Production means current production stored inside the factory / max. monthly production. Keep in mind that a cargo stop serving the factory has its own storage, which is slowly filled from factory output.

Consumption means: current input storage / cargo in transit (max. cargo in transit?) / something else I can't remember but that wasn't difficult to figure out. Maybe maximum input storage?

Percentage values of production/consumption mean e.g. a steel mill with a max. production of 200 will consume 25% coal (i.e. 200*0.25 = 50 tons), 120% iron ore (i.e. 240 tons) and produce 100% steel (i.e. 200 tons).

If someone has the exact definition I'll put it in the magnificent-to-be wiki.

jamespetts

This information is in the English version of the help file for the industries under "Production" and "Consumption".
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

zook2

ROCAMBOLER529

If i can add another thing...

If a factory said that it produced X good, it consumes Y goods (100%) and it said that its producion is on 50%, its said that the y goods that its recive , it only going to produce 10 Y goods if the factory recived 20 X produts because the velocity producion is on 50%. And the same if its on P(100%) C(20%).
The Argentian (Argentina Empire)

jamespetts

I am afraid that I do not understand that at all.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.