News:

Simutrans Tools
Know our tools that can help you to create add-ons, install and customize Simutrans.

[ENDED GAME] Bridgewater-Brunel no. 1 - Great Britain sized map (no. 2)

Started by jamespetts, December 05, 2017, 09:03:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NoMorePacers

I was also playing on the server, and I lost synchronisation (although I suspected this to be due to my fairly slow internet) and I can access the server, but it is paused.

NoMorePacers

I have actually managed to regain access to the server and it is running for the moment.

Ves

James, you might want to remove the "DEBUG1_LNER-Gr....." -car from the pakset, now that it is not needed any more!

jamespetts

I have now unlocked Royal Western - apologies for not having been able to do this sooner.
I have already removed the debugging carriages, which should take effect from to-morrow's nightly build.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

DrSuperGood

Server might have just crashed when I tried to join. Loaded in fine but instant drop to OoS after a few minutes of waiting for server.

EDIT: After speaking with James we came to the conclusion that the server is performing quite poorly due to a lack of memory. This may or may not be related to the crash but does mean it is running quite slow.

jamespetts

Some instability has been noted. It is suspected that this may be due to high memory usage (~95%); I will monitor the situation and may need to upgrade my hosting plan. The usage does not seem to be referable to a memory leak.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

ACarlotti

95% would be moremeaningful if you tell us what it is out of (or what the actual value is). Then we could compare it with usage elsewhere - e.g. the approximately 6GB I remember using in a debug build (though some of this could probably be swapped out most of the time).

DrSuperGood

Quote95% would be moremeaningful if you tell us what it is out of (or what the actual value is). Then we could compare it with usage elsewhere - e.g. the approximately 6GB I remember using in a debug build (though some of this could probably be swapped out most of the time).
The server has 6GB of memory. The game is running at over 5.2GB which does not leave much free on the server.

passengerpigeon

Dear James,
What is the map number used by the server? I am looking to start a new singleplayer map but am not generally fond of the default generator, which for some reason produces weird fractal patterns with many map numbers. Alternatively, what are some other good map presets or player-made heightmaps that I could use?
Thank you,
Passengerpigeon.

jamespetts

I am afraid that I cannot recall the number used now as I did not take a note of it. The map generator could perhaps do with being improved one day, but that would be a big project, and it is a long way down the list of priorities.

If you play with the settings and generate enough random maps, you should be able to find something suitable in due course: that is how I generated this map.

jamespetts

I have received notification from my hosting provider that, owing to maintenance, there may be some downtime in the late evening of the 28th and small hours of the 29th of March 2019. This might temporarily interrupt play on this server.

DrSuperGood

QuoteI am afraid that I cannot recall the number used now as I did not take a note of it.
It is saved (part of save file) to allow extension at the boarders later. Unless Extended removed this functionality or diverged before it was added of course.

jamespetts

Quote from: DrSuperGood on March 14, 2019, 09:32:02 PM
It is saved (part of save file) to allow extension at the boarders later. Unless Extended removed this functionality or diverged before it was added of course.

I have not altered this functionality in Extended.

NoMorePacers

I have updated to the latest version of the game, and I have tried to join the server, but the game says there is a mismatch, and that DEBUG1_LNER-Gresley-Express-Brake-front, DEBUG1_LNER-Gresley-Express-Brake-rear, DEBUG1_LNER-Gresley-Express-Coach and DEBUG1_LNER-Gresley-Express-Dining are all missing.

Rollmaterial

NoMorePacers

Quote from: Rollmaterial on March 17, 2019, 07:27:26 PM
Did you update your pakset?
I downloaded the full package (executables + pakset) but this problem has still occured.

ACarlotti

Those were debug vehicles added during early stages of debugging the recent desync, and were recently removed from the pakset. The error you're getting means that either you or the server haven't updated the pakset properly - you've just copied the new files into the old folder, which won't delete any files that no longer exist. Look for files with names beginning with "vehicle.DEBUG1_LNER-Gresley-Express", and delete them from your pak folder if they exist. (And in future, remember to delete the old pak files and extract into an empty folder.)

Ves

Quote from: NoMorePacers on March 17, 2019, 07:30:49 PM
I downloaded the full package (executables + pakset) but this problem has still occured.
In case you did not do this, make sure you dont just "merge" the new pakset you downloaded with the old one, since there are some files that might not get removed properly. The DEBUG_ vehicles are not supposed to be in the pakset, but they might be in an elder version of the pakset, so best is to completely remove the old one before installing the new one.

NoMorePacers

DrSuperGood

I suggest using my Java updater to avoid this problem. It also deletes file to mirror changes to the pakset.

Ves

James, you can use the terminal for long distance busses, and the through stops for short distance busses **** you please!
Will have to go to bed now, but will complete it tomorrow and spend some new airplanes!

jamespetts

I should note that I am having some no route issues with these stops. This might be a bug, but it takes about half an hour to load the server game in my debug build and I also must go to bed now.

Ves

The stops are with the overtaking mode set to parallel mode, so you should enter from the north side only. Or would you prefer normal 2 way mode instead?

Skickat från min ONEPLUS A6003 via Tapatalk

jamespetts

Quote from: Ves on March 20, 2019, 09:28:41 AM
The stops are with the overtaking mode set to parallel mode, so you should enter from the north side only. Or would you prefer normal 2 way mode instead?

Skickat från min ONEPLUS A6003 via Tapatalk

The ones with which I am having trouble are the dead-end stops rather than the straight through stops. It might be helpful to test whether turning off the parallel mode makes a difference to this. The other thing that it might be worth testing is whether the choose sign is the cause of the problem.

However, I do not think that we do need a non-standard mode for the 'bus stops - I cannot imagine running a 'bus every two minutes or anything like that.

fam621

Hello, may I register an interest into operating a transport company on your map?

jamespetts

Yes, certainly. Just log in, find an open slot (i.e. one with no company registered) and set up a new company.

jamespetts

The server listing appears to be down at present. To log into the server manually, open the load game dialogue, and type net:bridgewater-brunel.me.uk

Rollmaterial

fam621

jamespetts

SuperTimo

Is anyone else finding that the server doesn't un-pause when a new player joins? I am finding that the game saves and then and reloads the map but then never seems to un-pause. If i disconnect and rejoin then I often find time has progressed since when the server paused for me.

NoMorePacers

Quote from: SuperTimo on March 24, 2019, 12:13:46 PM
Is anyone else finding that the server doesn't un-pause when a new player joins? I am finding that the game saves and then and reloads the map but then never seems to un-pause. If i disconnect and rejoin then I often find time has progressed since when the server paused for me.
I am on the server right now and the game is unpaused (although it intermittently pauses from time to time).

SuperTimo

I am having trouble with the server this morning. When I connect the server doesn't unpause and after a period I lose sync with the server without it ever unpausing

jamespetts

Thank you for your report. This appears consistent with the server running low on memory; I am in the process of looking into upgrading the server and will hopefully deal with this shortly. My apologies that you are having trouble.