News:

The Forum Rules and Guidelines
Our forum has Rules and Guidelines. Please, be kind and read them ;).

Livery additions using the new system made by DrSuperGood

Started by fam621, January 20, 2018, 12:24:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fam621

So, I was looking at the liveries from some older gamesaves and I was thinking that since this auto updates system was made by DrSuperGood. I was thinking it could extend into auto livery updates aswell because as we all know liveries cant be updated. So can this be looked into please?

jamespetts

That livery schemes are saved with the saved games is quite separate from Dr. Supergood's automatic updater. Allowing new livery schemes to update in already existing games would require a change to the way in which liveries work in the game. This would require a significant coding effort. I currently have quite a large number of higher priority tasks than this. If anyone else would like to change the way in which liveries work so that the livery schemes can be updated in an existing saved game (without breaking anything else), then I should happily incorporate it.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

fam621

Ik the answer is going to be no but has anyone tried to make a livery updater yet?

jamespetts

As explained in the previous post, the issue is not one that can be addressed by an external application: this would require a rewrite of the livery system in the code itself.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

jamespetts

Quote from: fam621 on January 26, 2018, 10:10:14 PM
Is that a simple task or not?

I have not looked into the livery code in any detail for some years, so I do not know. I may well look at the livery code again later this year when working on the convoy features that are currently being planned; if this is a relatively straightforward task, I might do this then, but I cannot make any promises at this stage.

Ves

Isn't there a setting in the simuconf.tab that enforces the settings to be reloaded from simuconf.tab on already loaded games? But since I never myself managed to get new liveries into old saves, it maybe doesn't work on liveries!

jamespetts

Quote from: Ves on January 26, 2018, 10:53:34 PM
Isn't there a setting in the simuconf.tab that enforces the settings to be reloaded from simuconf.tab on already loaded games? But since I never myself managed to get new liveries into old saves, it maybe doesn't work on liveries!

I am not aware of this - there may be a feature in Standard to this effect, but I do not think that I have used it.

Ves

I might be remembering wrong, I cant find the setting currently. I just seem to remember that I could change the timeline to be with or without timeline on existing games.