News:

SimuTranslator
Make Simutrans speak your language.

New schedule functions

Started by Ves, February 01, 2018, 07:18:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ves

Im opening a new thread, so it hopefully should be easier to distinguish between topics, instead of it all being in the same thread.

Trying out the new branch, vehicle-management, I see that you have made some new buttons and functions in the schedule.

Is the new "departures per month" value off 10, 20, 30 working correct? I can only move the combobox value by 10 and the times appears to be the same as they used to be. Could you elaborate how it should work, or if it might indeed be a bug?

Whenever I open a schedule, now all entries have the [ * ] symbol at their entries. I suppose this is just a bug due to other incorporations. A new way of dealing with this should anyway happen, so one could start think how to best show more information.

jamespetts

Quote from: Ves on February 01, 2018, 07:18:07 PM
Im opening a new thread, so it hopefully should be easier to distinguish between topics, instead of it all being in the same thread.

Trying out the new branch, vehicle-management, I see that you have made some new buttons and functions in the schedule.

I have only added the one new button as an interim measure pending such reworking as you might think necessary, the button for ignoring choose signals.

QuoteIs the new "departures per month" value off 10, 20, 30 working correct? I can only move the combobox value by 10 and the times appears to be the same as they used to be. Could you elaborate how it should work, or if it might indeed be a bug?

This is correct - the idea is that it is possible to set this now in 1/10ths of a month, to allow:

(1) wait times of longer than 1 game month; and
(2) finer control,

however, by default, this will still increment in whole fractions of a month. The GUI for this definitely needs to be improved to make what is happening clearer to the player, and I should be grateful for your input on that.

QuoteWhenever I open a schedule, now all entries have the [ * ] symbol at their entries. I suppose this is just a bug due to other incorporations. A new way of dealing with this should anyway happen, so one could start think how to best show more information.

That is indeed a bug which I have now fixed - thank you for reporting this. If you can think of a clearer way of conveying this sort of information, I should be most grateful.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

ACarlotti

I think it would be nicer to use 1/12 instead of 1/10, so that it syncs up with the game year. (It also has the other benefit that 12 has more factors.) Then this could be displayed in the gui with a toggle to switch between convoys per month and convoys per year.

jamespetts

Quote from: ACarlotti on February 01, 2018, 09:38:24 PM
I think it would be nicer to use 1/12 instead of 1/10, so that it syncs up with the game year. (It also has the other benefit that 12 has more factors.) Then this could be displayed in the gui with a toggle to switch between convoys per month and convoys per year.

That is an interesting idea. I had not thought of that initially as I had planned to convert to a decimal for the GUI, but realised that the current GUI components do not support this - but 1/12th (and thus a switch between month/year) should work well. I shall try to implement that now.

Edit: Now done.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Ves

Ok, that's great that we will be able to make convoys depart later than whole months in the future! And I agree that it probably would make sense to do it in 12's, so you also can specify a year.
I did not manage to alter the spacing to be more than a month, though, is that supposed to happen when you get the value to less than 10? I could only move it in the range 10,20,30,40 etc and the times where exactly the times we currently have.

jamespetts

Quote from: Ves on February 02, 2018, 01:42:00 AM
Ok, that's great that we will be able to make convoys depart later than whole months in the future! And I agree that it probably would make sense to do it in 12's, so you also can specify a year.
I did not manage to alter the spacing to be more than a month, though, is that supposed to happen when you get the value to less than 10? I could only move it in the range 10,20,30,40 etc and the times where exactly the times we currently have.

Note that it is now in 12s with the latest version.

With the current interface (which is somewhat temporary), you need to type the number manually to move in less than fractions of a whole month.