News:

Simutrans Wiki Manual
The official on-line manual for Simutrans. Read and contribute.

https://www.lulz.com/banhammer-nutrition/

Started by IgorEliezer, April 01, 2018, 03:26:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IgorEliezer

I'm a generic spammer who goes to every forum to post the same boring thing like "BUY MY THINGS!". I could post lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt lulz ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad you minim have veniam no, quis power nostrud here exercitation ullamco wow laboris nisi ut aliquip much ex ea commodo consequat doge. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate yay velit esse cillum can dolore I eu haz fugiat cheezburger nulla pariatur. Excepteur play sint occaecat simu cupidatat trans non proident extended, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum and and nobody will care.

https://www.lulz.com/banhammer-nutrition/

Isaac Eiland-Hall

<span style="text-content: important;">Whereas I am a master of CSS in all its perfection.</span>

IgorEliezer

Okay, Lame April Fool's Day is over. As I guessed probably nobody bothered to find out what was hidden here:
Quote from: IgorEliezer on April 01, 2018, 03:26:24 PMI'm a generic spammer who goes to every forum to post the same boring thing like "BUY MY THINGS!". I could post lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt lulz ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad you minim have veniam no, quis power nostrud here exercitation ullamco wow laboris nisi ut aliquip much ex ea commodo consequat doge. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate yay velit esse cillum can dolore I eu haz fugiat cheezburger nulla pariatur. Excepteur play sint occaecat simu cupidatat trans non proident extended, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum and and nobody will care.

https://www.lulz.com/banhammer-nutrition/ (link to OpenTTD in disguise)

... wait, there's a spanmer above this post.

Ters

Quote from: IgorEliezer on April 02, 2018, 06:38:24 AM... wait, there's a spanmer above this post.

I thought it was a spanner in the works, not a spanmer.

IgorEliezer

Quote from: Ters on April 02, 2018, 07:48:54 AM
I thought it was a spanner in the works, not a spanmer.
Eh... I thought the same thing, but our "master of CSS" is kind of broken. Hence the spanmer.
(except it's just a lame excuse of mine)

Isaac Eiland-Hall

<span style="hide-content: 'How dare you disparage the CSS skillz of the Benevolent Dictator!';"> Ah, I wish I'd realized there was something to look for. Thank you for sharing it after the fact! lol</span>

IgorEliezer

BTW, just to let you guys know (since I shared this topic on Facebook):

This thread is a parody about a recurring spammer who used (yeah, used) to post about his "nutrition" products a day in a day out... ended up being caught by our forum system and he freaked out. We got him. It was priceless.

If not nutritious, I hope the banhammer was at least delicious. :D

gauthier

At first, seeing the thread title and the author, I thought your account was hacked  :laugh:
Every year April fools come, and every year I don't expect them.

Ters

Quote from: gauthier on April 03, 2018, 07:31:53 PM
At first, seeing the thread title and the author, I thought your account was hacked  :laugh:
Every year April fools come, and every year I don't expect them.

I guess you got the bonus for first seeing it on another day. On the day itself, it just looked like regular spam from different accounts. (At least for IgorEliezer contribution, considering I mentally flagged it without even reading it. The second post was more obviously fake.) That is the worst part of online April fools. You can't drop your guard even when the day has pasted. In fact, one even has to start being alert on the last day of March due to the time zones (probably the only good reason for abolishing them). Sure, one can get the same thing from old newspapers, but I rarely read newspapers anymore, and when I did, it was rarely anything but today's.