News:

Simutrans Wiki Manual
The official on-line manual for Simutrans. Read and contribute.

Passengers of classes not served appear at stops

Started by Rollmaterial, March 08, 2018, 11:23:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rollmaterial

Passengers of classes inferior to the line's price level appear at some stops. This can be observed on my omnibus line in Green Lewisby on the Bridgewater-Brunel server.

jamespetts

Thank you for the report. Can you check whether these passengers are appearing bound for stops to which they can walk? I recall this being a difficult to solve issue in the past.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

ACarlotti

This is probably an area of code I'm hoping to look into (and possibly change) at some point. Although it could take a while for me to get there.

Rollmaterial

Quote from: jamespetts on March 09, 2018, 12:42:16 AM
Thank you for the report. Can you check whether these passengers are appearing bound for stops to which they can walk? I recall this being a difficult to solve issue in the past.
Yes, that is the case.

jamespetts

Quote from: Rollmaterial on March 09, 2018, 11:17:25 AM
Yes, that is the case.

I had looked into this before and had not been able to find a workable solution for the issue: the passengers do dissipate in time and walk to their ultimate destination, so it does not do any real harm. Than you for the report, however.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

DrSuperGood

Would be better if such passengers were always in transit rather than waiting at a stop. I have this image of poor people waiting at a bus stop for no reason at all. I am pretty sure that would put off some people from traveling!

jamespetts

Quote from: DrSuperGood on March 09, 2018, 08:33:51 PM
Would be better if such passengers were always in transit rather than waiting at a stop. I have this image of poor people waiting at a bus stop for no reason at all. I am pretty sure that would put off some people from traveling!

If it were possible easily to detect these passengers to do this, then it would be just as easy to solve the underlying problem by having them walk immediately.