News:

The Forum Rules and Guidelines
Our forum has Rules and Guidelines. Please, be kind and read them ;).

[120.2.2&r8387] Yearly goods stat in city list chart not in sync with city chart

Started by kazarmy, March 17, 2018, 07:33:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kazarmy

Either the number of goods delivered yearly is hopelessly high or abysmally low but the numbers on the charts are not in sync and they should be in sync since there's only 1 city. I think it's the city chart (right hand side) that's off since there's quite a number of goods trucks delivering stuff:

Appears in 120.2.2 with pak64 120.2. Also appears in r8387 nightly. Savegame attached.

kazarmy

Dwachs

These are completely different and uncomparable numbers. The charts for 'Arrived' and 'Goods' in the city window show count how often per month a factory in the city had supplies and how often supply was checked...
Parsley, sage, rosemary, and maggikraut.

kazarmy

Dwachs

The ration of 'Arrived' and 'Goods' shows the ratio of factories with input storage divided by the number of checks performed. Only factories that receive passengers from the city are taken into account.

The button description is completely misleading. Also the ration of supplied vs all factories is not very interesting (although city growth depends on this).

prissi

These buttons are only for citygrowth, as Dwachs pointed out, and only for factories within the cities catchment area. So even if these would record the amount (and not activity), then numbers would deviate.

I am open to suggestions for a better translation.

Dwachs

I would rather show the percentage of supplied factories: so one graph and button. Button name could be 'Factories supplied' or something similar.

kazarmy

Quote from: prissi on March 17, 2018, 02:41:23 PM
I am open to suggestions for a better translation.

Based on stadt_t::city_growth_get_factors code, I prefer "Supply" and "Goods demand" for the 2 buttons in the city window, but if demand is just a constant, arbitrary number of checks per month (with adjustment for February), then it might be a waste of a graph to display it.

Dwachs

Here is a patch: It shows the ration of the values of "arrived" and "goods" in current version. See image.

prissi

Dwachs

You mean: move the button 'Supplied Factories' to the left?

What about the general idea of the patch?

prissi

I like the general idea. Although for consistency on could also show 100% on potential (or zero without factories) and then real time producing. (Like it is done for production increase statistics in the factory charts.) Maybe player/devotees using these dialogues more than me would be the better judges ...

kazarmy

Would be very interested in finding out why the ratio is below maximum (no matter what the maximum is or whether it's shown explicitly), but can't justify the effort to instrument the code at the moment.

Quote from: prissi on March 24, 2018, 12:48:44 PM(Like it is done for production increase statistics in the factory charts.)

Btw, aren't those Production/Boost factory charts for Passengers/Mail Generated/Departed/Arrived supposed to start from 0 every month?

kazarmy

Quote from: kazarmy on March 24, 2018, 02:56:16 PM
Btw, aren't those Production/Boost factory charts for Passengers/Mail Generated/Departed/Arrived supposed to start from 0 every month?

Bug report at https://forum.simutrans.com/index.php?topic=18015.0.