News:

SimuTranslator
Make Simutrans speak your language.

Welcome to the new server!

Started by Isaac Eiland-Hall, August 26, 2018, 03:04:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Isaac Eiland-Hall

I recently got a job at InMotion Hosting (the company that sponsors Filezilla updates!). I've transferred the forum (and other Simutrans sites I host) to my VPS. Things seem to be running okay, and a bit faster. :)

jamespetts

Excellent!

I use Filezilla with the Bridgewater-Brunel server - a happy coincidence indeed!
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Ters

The instructions left behind didn't tell me/us to remove/update the IP address in /etc/hosts put there due to recurring DNS misconfigurations in the past. :P

Posting seems slower. It takes probably close to 30 seconds.

EDIT: ...sometimes.

Yona-TYT

For a couple of weeks I have not received email notifications from the forum, something has broken or is it just me?.  ???
I like to be up-to-date with the latest answers on the topics I follow!.  :-[

Isaac Eiland-Hall

Check your inbox and spam folder for a test message from me that I sent through the server.

It looks like the email was delivered, but I can't tell if it was to the inbox or spam.

Meanwhile, looks like I didn't get the SPF/DMARC set up for this account, so I've put SPF in strict and added a DMARC record. This is a DNS change, so propagation time will apply. For most, propagation takes 1-4 hours, but it can take up to 24 hours. Our Support Center has an article with additional information about this: http://www.inmotionhosting.com/support/domain-names/dns-nameserver-changes/domain-names-dns-changes  (yay for canned text, but it applies)

Yona-TYT

They are getting to junk mail (spam) for some reason.  :o

Isaac Eiland-Hall

Then SPF/DMARC should help, given propagation time.