News:

Simutrans Tools
Know our tools that can help you to create add-ons, install and customize Simutrans.

New Theme!

Started by An_dz, April 22, 2018, 03:49:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jamespetts

Quote from: Ters on April 28, 2018, 02:45:06 PM
Now I was taken to a post, but not the first unread. Ironically, I was taken to my own post about the link not working.

And when posting, I was taken back to the same post.

I am having the same trouble.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Ters

It seems that all kinds of links that are supposed to go to a specific post takes me just to the first post of the page. Not the top of the page, so something is working, just not correctly.

Leartin

Quote from: Ters on April 29, 2018, 09:42:48 PM
It seems that all kinds of links that are supposed to go to a specific post takes me just to the first post of the page. Not the top of the page, so something is working, just not correctly.
Indeed - changing how many posts are displayed per page is a simple way to confirm this.

IgorEliezer

Let me use this post (https://forum.simutrans.com/index.php/topic,18026.msg171601.html#msg171601, it's the reply #1) as an example and use some of the debugging feature:

On the left is the current theme, on the right is the old theme.

The right: every post of the thread has its respective <a id="x"> on top of itself. Me gusta!

The left: every post of the thread has got its respective <a id="x"> placed above the 1st post. Yikes!

* IgorEliezer is out.

An_dz

Quote from: Ters on April 27, 2018, 07:18:11 PM
On a different, but perhaps related note: The new-links don't take me to the first unread post anymore.
Might be a change from latest SMF updates or a CSS bug. Igor points out what's the problem, I'll have to check why they have jumped up.

Quote from: isidoro on April 27, 2018, 10:30:23 PM
Does it only happen to me, in Firefox and Ubuntu 18.04?  Some numbers appear to be circled.  While in some parts, they look cool, in others it's weird.
Font problem, I'll have to take a look for alternatives for Arial/Helvetica for Linux.

An_dz

Above bugs should be fixed, please confirm.

Ters

The links seems to take me to the right place now, but only after a forced refresh.

isidoro

Quote from: An_dz on May 01, 2018, 02:25:57 PMAbove bugs should be fixed, please confirm.

Confirmed!  Thank you.

jamespetts

Now working for me - thank you.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

An_dz

Quote from: jamespetts on April 27, 2018, 01:41:24 PM
One reason that forum posts may seem more distantly spaced might be that signatures are no longer automatic: one explicitly has to check the "show signature" box. This means that, for short posts, there is often a large amount of white space below the post that would formerly have been occupied by a signature.
Quote from: Ters on April 27, 2018, 04:57:28 PM
So if we only could turn off most of the stuff to the left of the post itself, that would get better. (I don't care for anything but username, rank and languages.)
Helpfulness was merged with Thanks and Country flag was moved to username. That's two lines less. Also changed some spacing points.

IgorEliezer

What if we remove the "Languages: {list}" from beneath avatars, is it necessary? I think I can guess your language just by reading your post ;) . Alternatively, I could open your profile page and see them there.

Scratch that. That was a bad idea.

isidoro

Quote from: isidoro on May 01, 2018, 11:06:46 PM
Confirmed!  Thank you.

What I always dreamed of: a selfquote...  Jokes apart, today the font oddities reappeared...  Numbers are again circled.

An_dz

Sorry, my bad, I forgot to add the fix in the non-production css. Today I minified it for other fixes and you got it again.

isidoro

Thanks!  Fixed again.

Ters

I get numbers (and number sign) in circles on Firefox now (a computer I rarely used; tried force reload, but nothing changed), as if they represented drawn lottery numbers or buttons on a phone.

IgorEliezer

Quote from: Ters on May 20, 2018, 09:57:56 PM
I get numbers (and number sign) in circles on Firefox now (a computer I rarely used; tried force reload, but nothing changed)
Using Chrome, Mozilla and IE: nothing here.

Quote from: Ters on May 20, 2018, 09:57:56 PMas if they represented drawn lottery numbers or buttons on a phone.
Have you tried to put a coin? Maybe today is your lucky day (or phone call day). :D

isidoro

Quote from: Ters on May 20, 2018, 09:57:56 PM
I get numbers (and number sign) in circles on Firefox now (a computer I rarely used; tried force reload, but nothing changed), as if they represented drawn lottery numbers or buttons on a phone.

That is what I got before An_dz mended it.  It's a problem of fonts, I guess.  For me, it now works.

An_dz

I changed the fonts again, I guess now it's solved for good.

An_dz

As you have probably noticed I changed the header like Igor suggested. Let me know if you find any bugs.

R1dO

Am i missing something or is the button/link gone that allowed me to see all unread forum posts since the last visit.

Right now the closest thing available are the "unread posts" per category links

-- edit --
The one that links to:
https://forum.simutrans.com/index.php?action=unread

An_dz

It's on the right side of the top menu. Close to your username.

R1dO

Quote from: An_dz on June 07, 2018, 10:49:33 PM
It's on the right side of the top menu. Close to your username.

Ah .. my bad ... totally missed that part (the downside of using a large monitor).
When reading stuff i usually focus on the left side .. since that is the part with the most interesting information ;)

An_dz

@Yona-TYT Is that only on the Thanks page or all of them? On what browser are you seeing that?

Edit:
Found out the problem, fixed :)

Ters

I find it strange that the log out "button" is not near the username. Nor where log in was.

An_dz

Yes, it has always been like that. I did not get the time to check how to move that as the main menu is auto generated.

Roboron

I really like the new theme...

...but what is that "0" link to javascript:void(0) that is after every message?

EDIT: I've opened the forum in incognito mode and it doesn't show any "0" (also in Firefox). I guess some Chrome extension is causing this problem, and not the forum, but I don't know which.

EDIT 2: So i've disabled and then reloaded the page with every extension and apparently no one is causing this. I'm clueless now.

An_dz

It's the Thanks button that is currently broken.

IgorEliezer

Quote from: An_dz on August 26, 2018, 03:50:59 PMIt's the Thanks button that is currently broken.

Thanks for informing us. You deserve a javascript:void(0) for that. ;D

Isaac Eiland-Hall

Moving to the new server and Installatron's default settings mean the forum was updated. Ummmm... surprise? :/

Leartin

Quote from: IgorEliezer on August 26, 2018, 07:44:07 PM
Thanks for informing us. You deserve a javascript:void(0) for that. ;D
You know, I wanted to click the like button on An_dz message, realized it did not work, and decided against writing this very comment so I wouldn't spam.
Now that I saw yours, I again wanted to click the darned button.
And I can't even receive likes for this post to fuel my ego further!

;_; I miss likes

❤ Isaac.Eiland-Hall liked this post.

Isaac Eiland-Hall