News:

Simutrans Chat Room
Where cool people of Simutrans can meet up.

Some reservations aren't cleared when exiting a platform

Started by Spenk009, May 01, 2018, 08:43:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spenk009

Thank you James and all the other developers for continuing your work on this incredible game. I only recently noticed the versatility of the game in terms of ages, as people on the forum have mentioned playing savegames all over the available timescale all within the same game/pak. This has blown my mind, because the game actually requires you to switch up your style to accommodate and cash in on a specific time's technology and focus.

I have noticed a recurring bug regarding way reservations in a specific place happening to a specific set of vehicles. The issue is that at Hatdale Railway Station (2234, 267), where vehicles of the line Pax R51 will reserve a platform (usually the southernmost), complete their stop, leave as planned and enter the return loop. After leaving the station, the reservation of the platform tiles is not removed while the train completes its siding maneuver. When it leaves the Hatdale Railway Station to start its return trip, it removes the old reservation on the southern platform.

The savegame can be found here: ftp://spenk009.zyxel.me/public/8.77.sve

jamespetts

Thank you for the report. The saved game that you use for this reproduction case is very large, meaning that it is quite unresponsive when I load it with a debug build. Would you be able to save and upload the game in a state where the convoy that fails to unreserve properly has just arrived into the platform and is loading? That would save me a great amount of time.

Thank you again, and I am glad that you enjoy the ability to play in multiple eras with different styles - it is good that this design goal has been realised!
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

jamespetts

Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.