The International Simutrans Forum

Author Topic: Incorporating changes from Standard  (Read 22398 times)

Offline freddyhayward

• Devotee
  • Languages: EN
Re: Incorporating changes from Standard
« Reply #350 on: December 23, 2020, 05:24:56 AM »
I recently had a segfault after clicking 'very low' in the direct routes tab. this was a few minutes after adding a new service to that stop.

Offline freddyhayward

• Devotee
« Reply #351 on: December 24, 2020, 12:57:47 PM »
I recently had another crash (floating point exception) after clicking the force tab in the performance tab in the convoy detail window for a skiff wherry.

Offline wlindley

• Devotee
    • Hacking for fun and profit since 1977
  • Languages: EN, DE
« Reply #352 on: December 24, 2020, 09:06:38 PM »
some other branches from some time ago

I have a possible apothecary, blacksmith, and cooper pull request.  The other component (a new Good, "hide" with a modification to the slaughter-house and a small resulting chain) I will leave for later.

Offline jamespetts

• Simutrans-Extended project coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Cake baker
    • Bridgewater-Brunel
« Reply #353 on: December 24, 2020, 10:04:23 PM »
I have a possible apothecary, blacksmith, and cooper pull request.  The other component (a new Good, "hide" with a modification to the slaughter-house and a small resulting chain) I will leave for later.

Excellent - now incorporated. I wonder, however, whether, for the blacksmith, it would be better to replace the existing city building called a "Smithy"? You can then use the graphics from that building rather than the cooper with different coloured signs. The original "smithy" itself can be deleted and another industrial city building specified in its stead in simuconf.tab.

Offline Ranran

• Devotee
  • Languages: ja
« Reply #354 on: December 25, 2020, 09:14:11 AM »
I recently had another crash (floating point exception) after clicking the force tab in the performance tab in the convoy detail window for a skiff wherry.
Thank you for your report. I believe I've fixed it.
It was due to the fact that we decided to cut off the display below the top speed, which could cause the graph element to be 0 if the top speed was too low.
In other words, if the maximum speed is 1km/h the display is cut off before 1km/h, it tries to display 0-0km/h and craches.

In order to avoid a crash, it has been changed to display up to the maximum speed when the above conditions are met. At maximum speed the value will be 0.

Offline jamespetts

• Administrator
  • Cake baker
    • Bridgewater-Brunel
« Reply #355 on: December 25, 2020, 01:54:45 PM »
Splendid, thank you; now incorporated.

Merry Christmas!

Offline Ranran

• Devotee
« Reply #356 on: December 28, 2020, 12:52:16 PM »
I compared the diffs with the standard code and found that the part that should have been SAVEGAME_VER_NR is now SERVER_SAVEGAME_VER_NR. (save statement for offline game)
This has been wrong for at least a few years now, but it's possible that integration from the standard has brought errors to the surface.

Another thing I noticed with the save error is that _cached_exp.xml is currently not updated correctly.
But unfortunately I'm not familiar with these codes.

By the way, for some reason this board doesn't seem to have a like button.

Offline jamespetts

• Administrator
  • Cake baker
    • Bridgewater-Brunel
« Reply #357 on: December 28, 2020, 01:19:45 PM »
I compared the diffs with the standard code and found that the part that should have been SAVEGAME_VER_NR is now SERVER_SAVEGAME_VER_NR. (save statement for offline game)
This has been wrong for at least a few years now, but it's possible that integration from the standard has brought errors to the surface.

Another thing I noticed with the save error is that _cached_exp.xml is currently not updated correctly.
But unfortunately I'm not familiar with these codes.

Thank you for looking into that - that is helpful. I will have to look into that when I get back home.

By the way, for some reason this board doesn't seem to have a like button.

I have now enabled this.

Offline Ranran

• Devotee
« Reply #358 on: January 14, 2021, 10:56:03 AM »
I've requested a pull request for some small fix commits from recent standards. #341
I think it's a small fix that doesn't affect the game or system very much.

EDIT:
These commits are included in the building info patch because the building info patch contained an error that required this fix to be included.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2021, 03:18:00 PM by Ranran »

Offline Ranran

• Devotee
« Reply #359 on: January 20, 2021, 11:01:00 PM »
I've requested a pull request to incorporating changes to the standard's edit ui update. Check pull request #347.
I made changes that optimize for extended. In extended, jobs and visitor demands were not displayed at present, so I added those. And fixed some values being incorrect.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank Leartin for updating the edit UI.

Offline jamespetts

• Administrator
  • Cake baker
    • Bridgewater-Brunel
« Reply #360 on: January 20, 2021, 11:13:53 PM »
Thank you - now incorporated.

Offline Ranran

• Devotee
« Reply #361 on: February 01, 2021, 12:59:08 PM »
I pullrequested some bugfixes in addition to some recent updates from the standard. Check pull request #354.

Extended's bugs fixes:
--The GUI theme settings are not loaded correctly
--The number of tiles displayed in the tooltip when building a bridge is not the distance
--The unit of the "margin" chart in the finance dialog is not the percentage display.

Offline jamespetts

• Administrator
  • Cake baker
    • Bridgewater-Brunel
« Reply #362 on: February 02, 2021, 07:25:02 PM »
Thank you - now incorporated.

Offline Ranran

• Devotee
« Reply #363 on: February 08, 2021, 11:21:25 AM »
standard has changed the function to get the version. I made an extended version of it. This is because it was more convenient to have it when incorporating r9576.

What used to be code like this
Code: [Select]
if((file->get_extended_version() == 14 && file->get_extended_revision() >= 32) || file->get_extended_version() >= 15) {

can be written as:
if( file->is_version_ex_atleast(14, 32) ) {

Similar functions include is_version_ex_less and is_version_ex_equal.

EDIT:
It was omitted because it seems that it is no longer necessary to pass the welt of the second argument of get_obsolete_year_month, is_obsolete and has_available_upgrade due to the incorporating effect from standard.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2021, 12:50:31 PM by Ranran »

Offline Roboron

• Devotee
    • Las Galácticas Aventuras de Komoyo Diga
  • Languages: ES, EN
« Reply #364 on: February 12, 2021, 06:36:40 PM »
I opened a PR with some MacOS specific changes from Standard, mainly for distribution (everything in place to make a simutrans-extended.app bundle running ./distribute.sh).

It also includes the fix to prevent MacOS crashing due to music playback. However, the very same fix that works for Standard doesn't seem to work on Extended: on my tests, it keeps crashing. I don't have the slightest idea why it differs, but I'm also not willing to invest more time on fixing it.

But don't worry, after this is merged I'll work on porting the new music backend to Extended. This will make MacOS and Linux sing again, hopefully without crashes  :)

Offline jamespetts

• Administrator
  • Cake baker
    • Bridgewater-Brunel
« Reply #365 on: February 13, 2021, 11:28:09 AM »
Thank you very much for this: I have now incorporated Roboron's and Ranran's changes. Apologies for the delay: my home internet was down until yesterday, so I was not able to connect with my main computer.

Offline freddyhayward

• Devotee
« Reply #366 on: February 13, 2021, 12:16:12 PM »
Thank you very much for this: I have now incorporated Roboron's and Ranran's changes. Apologies for the delay: my home internet was down until yesterday, so I was not able to connect with my main computer.
I'm confident that ranran's changes will break private car routes on all saves due to changing all occurrences of NSEW to NESW for directions. This will fix itself after one or two refresh cycles but will cause significant disruption in the meantime.

Offline jamespetts

• Administrator
  • Cake baker
    • Bridgewater-Brunel
« Reply #367 on: February 13, 2021, 01:44:16 PM »
I'm confident that ranran's changes will break private car routes on all saves due to changing all occurrences of NSEW to NESW for directions. This will fix itself after one or two refresh cycles but will cause significant disruption in the meantime.

I thought that I saw a commit somewhere correcting for this, or am I imagining things...?

Offline freddyhayward

• Devotee
« Reply #368 on: February 13, 2021, 08:07:40 PM »
I thought that I saw a commit somewhere correcting for this, or am I imagining things...?
You might be remembering that I suggested changes at some point - though this may have been a misuse of that feature if it's supposed to contain the actual changes rather than just a description of them.
edit: this has now been fixed.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2021, 01:13:02 AM by freddyhayward »

Offline jamespetts

• Administrator
  • Cake baker
    • Bridgewater-Brunel
« Reply #369 on: February 14, 2021, 11:33:04 AM »
Fix incorporated yesterday - thank you.

Offline freddyhayward

• Devotee
« Reply #370 on: February 18, 2021, 07:22:24 AM »
I have made another pull request that fixes erroneous next signal/junction information for signals here: https://github.com/jamespetts/simutrans-extended/pull/360

Offline Roboron

• Devotee
« Reply #371 on: February 23, 2021, 07:26:04 PM »
after this is merged I'll work on porting the new music backend to Extended

Pull Request opened.

Some notes about this if you have not been following the thread:
  • It's not an out of the box solution - it requires a soundfont to be present. But Linux distributions usually come with one by default, so it will mostly work out of the box there by picking up this soundfont (OpenTTD does the same). And since this has been primarily developed for linux users*...
  • For other systems if you want to use FluidSynth, you can set the soundfont to use in simuconf.tab. Suggested is PCLite (http://www.personalcopy.com/sfarkfonts1.htm).
  • If no soundfont is found, a warning window will be shown. User can later load a soundfont, and switch between soundfonts, without restarting the game. This new button + dialog will only show if SImutrans has been compiled with FluidSynth support

• I have also made possible to remember the last used soundfont, just the same way Simutrans remember your text font. However, for this increasing the game version is required. I have left the minimum version the same as Standard (122,2), but I see that Extended is still on version 120. Change this if necessary.
  • As stated previously, using FluidSynth on Mac will prevent the current crashes when unmuting the music. I have also left steps to bundle fluidsynth using distribute.sh, but they are commented out, not to be used by default.
  • Additionally to the work done on Standard, I have also tried to update CMake to use FluidSynth. If FluidSynth is found, only GDI and SDL2 backends will use it instead of the default ones. I mostly copied the ZSTD way of detecting the library since it seemed pretty standard, and it works so far. It's my first time dealing with CMake, so please review it.

*Note that FluidSynth implementation for Simutrans on Linux needs SDL2 driver, which is available from fluidsynth 2.1.0 (december 2019). If your distribution is an old LTS (pre 2020), it won't work. Mac & Windows use their own drivers.

Offline jamespetts

• Administrator
  • Cake baker
    • Bridgewater-Brunel
« Reply #372 on: April 02, 2021, 11:19:27 AM »
Thank you for this and apologies for the delay. Github indicates that this causes an error when building nettool:

ht (C) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

Building the projects in this solution one at a time. To enable parallel build, please add the "-m" switch.
Build started 2/23/2021 7:06:10 PM.
Project "D:\a\simutrans-extended\simutrans-extended\build\Simutrans-Extended.sln" on node 1 (nettool-extended target(s)).
ValidateSolutionConfiguration:
  Building solution configuration "Release|x64".
ValidateProjects:
  The project "INSTALL" is not selected for building in solution configuration "Release|x64".
  The project "PACKAGE" is not selected for building in solution configuration "Release|x64".
Project "D:\a\simutrans-extended\simutrans-extended\build\Simutrans-Extended.sln" (1) is building "D:\a\simutrans-extended\simutrans-extended\build\nettools\nettool-extended.vcxproj.metaproj" (2) on node 1 (default targets).
Project "D:\a\simutrans-extended\simutrans-extended\build\nettools\nettool-extended.vcxproj.metaproj" (2) is building "D:\a\simutrans-extended\simutrans-extended\build\ZERO_CHECK.vcxproj" (3) on node 1 (default targets).
PrepareForBuild:
  Creating directory "x64\Release\ZERO_CHECK\".
  Creating directory "x64\Release\ZERO_CHECK\ZERO_CHECK.tlog\".
InitializeBuildStatus:
  Creating "x64\Release\ZERO_CHECK\ZERO_CHECK.tlog\unsuccessfulbuild" because "AlwaysCreate" was specified.
CustomBuild:
  Checking Build System
FinalizeBuildStatus:
  Deleting file "x64\Release\ZERO_CHECK\ZERO_CHECK.tlog\unsuccessfulbuild".
  Touching "x64\Release\ZERO_CHECK\ZERO_CHECK.tlog\ZERO_CHECK.lastbuildstate".
Done Building Project "D:\a\simutrans-extended\simutrans-extended\build\ZERO_CHECK.vcxproj" (default targets).
Project "D:\a\simutrans-extended\simutrans-extended\build\nettools\nettool-extended.vcxproj.metaproj" (2) is building "D:\a\simutrans-extended\simutrans-extended\build\nettools\nettool-extended.vcxproj" (4) on node 1 (default targets).
PrepareForBuild:
  Creating directory "nettool-extended.dir\Release\".
  Creating directory "D:\a\simutrans-extended\simutrans-extended\build\simutrans\Release\".
  Creating directory "nettool-extended.dir\Release\nettool-extended.tlog\".
InitializeBuildStatus:
  Creating "nettool-extended.dir\Release\nettool-extended.tlog\unsuccessfulbuild" because "AlwaysCreate" was specified.
CustomBuild:
  Building Custom Rule D:/a/simutrans-extended/simutrans-extended/nettools/CMakeLists.txt
ClCompile:
  C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2019\Enterprise\VC\Tools\MSVC\14.28.29333\bin\HostX64\x64\CL.exe /c /nologo /W3 /WX- /diagnostics:column /O2 /Ob2 /D WIN32 /D _WINDOWS /D NDEBUG /D NETTOOL=1 /D COLOUR_DEPTH=0 /D MSG_LEVEL=0 /D _CRT_SECURE_NO_WARNINGS /D _SCL_SECURE_NO_WARNINGS /D NOMINMAX /D WIN32_LEAN_AND_MEAN /D "CMAKE_INTDIR=\"Release\"" /D _MBCS /Gm- /EHsc /MD /GS /fp:precise /Zc:wchar_t /Zc:forScope /Zc:inline /GR /Fo"nettool-extended.dir\Release\\" /Fd"nettool-extended.dir\Release\vc142.pdb" /Gd /TP /wd4244 /wd4267 /wd4068 /errorReport:queue "D:\a\simutrans-extended\simutrans-extended\nettools\nettool.cc" "D:\a\simutrans-extended\simutrans-extended\dataobj\freelist.cc" "D:\a\simutrans-extended\simutrans-extended\network\memory_rw.cc" "D:\a\simutrans-extended\simutrans-extended\network\network_address.cc" "D:\a\simutrans-extended\simutrans-extended\network\network_cmd.cc" "D:\a\simutrans-extended\simutrans-extended\network\network_packet.cc" "D:\a\simutrans-extended\simutrans-extended\network\network_socket_list.cc" "D:\a\simutrans-extended\simutrans-extended\network\pwd_hash.cc" "D:\a\simutrans-extended\simutrans-extended\simdebug.cc" "D:\a\simutrans-extended\simutrans-extended\simmem.cc" "D:\a\simutrans-extended\simutrans-extended\utils\simstring.cc" "D:\a\simutrans-extended\simutrans-extended\utils\fetchopt.cc" "D:\a\simutrans-extended\simutrans-extended\utils\sha1.cc" "D:\a\simutrans-extended\simutrans-extended\utils\log.cc" "D:\a\simutrans-extended\simutrans-extended\network\network.cc" "D:\a\simutrans-extended\simutrans-extended\network\network_file_transfer.cc"
  nettool.cc
  freelist.cc
  memory_rw.cc
  network_address.cc
  network_cmd.cc
D:\a\simutrans-extended\simutrans-extended\simunits.h(153,1): warning C4005: 'MAXUINT32': macro redefinition [D:\a\simutrans-extended\simutrans-extended\build\nettools\nettool-extended.vcxproj]
C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\10\Include\10.0.17763.0\shared\basetsd.h(433): message : see previous definition of 'MAXUINT32' [D:\a\simutrans-extended\simutrans-extended\build\nettools\nettool-extended.vcxproj]
D:\a\simutrans-extended\simutrans-extended\simworld.h(1473,1): warning C4334: '<<': result of 32-bit shift implicitly converted to 64 bits (was 64-bit shift intended?) [D:\a\simutrans-extended\simutrans-extended\build\nettools\nettool-extended.vcxproj]
D:\a\simutrans-extended\simutrans-extended\simworld.h(1478,1): warning C4334: '<<': result of 32-bit shift implicitly converted to 64 bits (was 64-bit shift intended?) [D:\a\simutrans-extended\simutrans-extended\build\nettools\nettool-extended.vcxproj]
  network_packet.cc
  network_socket_list.cc
D:\a\simutrans-extended\simutrans-extended\simunits.h(153,1): warning C4005: 'MAXUINT32': macro redefinition [D:\a\simutrans-extended\simutrans-extended\build\nettools\nettool-extended.vcxproj]
C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\10\Include\10.0.17763.0\shared\basetsd.h(433): message : see previous definition of 'MAXUINT32' [D:\a\simutrans-extended\simutrans-extended\build\nettools\nettool-extended.vcxproj]
D:\a\simutrans-extended\simutrans-extended\network\../simworld.h(1473,1): warning C4334: '<<': result of 32-bit shift implicitly converted to 64 bits (was 64-bit shift intended?) [D:\a\simutrans-extended\simutrans-extended\build\nettools\nettool-extended.vcxproj]
D:\a\simutrans-extended\simutrans-extended\network\../simworld.h(1478,1): warning C4334: '<<': result of 32-bit shift implicitly converted to 64 bits (was 64-bit shift intended?) [D:\a\simutrans-extended\simutrans-extended\build\nettools\nettool-extended.vcxproj]
  pwd_hash.cc
  simdebug.cc
  simmem.cc
  simstring.cc
  fetchopt.cc
  sha1.cc
  log.cc
D:\a\simutrans-extended\simutrans-extended\utils\../sys/simsys.h(13,10): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'zlib.h': No such file or directory [D:\a\simutrans-extended\simutrans-extended\build\nettools\nettool-extended.vcxproj]
  network.cc
D:\a\simutrans-extended\simutrans-extended\network\../simworld.h(1473,1): warning C4334: '<<': result of 32-bit shift implicitly converted to 64 bits (was 64-bit shift intended?) [D:\a\simutrans-extended\simutrans-extended\build\nettools\nettool-extended.vcxproj]
D:\a\simutrans-extended\simutrans-extended\network\../simworld.h(1478,1): warning C4334: '<<': result of 32-bit shift implicitly converted to 64 bits (was 64-bit shift intended?) [D:\a\simutrans-extended\simutrans-extended\build\nettools\nettool-extended.vcxproj]
  network_file_transfer.cc
D:\a\simutrans-extended\simutrans-extended\network\../sys/simsys.h(13,10): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'zlib.h': No such file or directory [D:\a\simutrans-extended\simutrans-extended\build\nettools\nettool-extended.vcxproj]
  Generating Code...
Done Building Project "D:\a\simutrans-extended\simutrans-extended\build\nettools\nettool-extended.vcxproj" (default targets) -- FAILED.
Done Building Project "D:\a\simutrans-extended\simutrans-extended\build\nettools\nettool-extended.vcxproj.metaproj" (default targets) -- FAILED.
Done Building Project "D:\a\simutrans-extended\simutrans-extended\build\Simutrans-Extended.sln" (nettool-extended target(s)) -- FAILED.

Build FAILED.

"D:\a\simutrans-extended\simutrans-extended\build\Simutrans-Extended.sln" (nettool-extended target) (1) ->
"D:\a\simutrans-extended\simutrans-extended\build\nettools\nettool-extended.vcxproj.metaproj" (default target) (2) ->
"D:\a\simutrans-extended\simutrans-extended\build\nettools\nettool-extended.vcxproj" (default target) (4) ->
(ClCompile target) ->
  D:\a\simutrans-extended\simutrans-extended\simworld.h(1473,1): warning C4334: '<<': result of 32-bit shift implicitly converted to 64 bits (was 64-bit shift intended?) [D:\a\simutrans-extended\simutrans-extended\build\nettools\nettool-extended.vcxproj]
  D:\a\simutrans-extended\simutrans-extended\simworld.h(1478,1): warning C4334: '<<': result of 32-bit shift implicitly converted to 64 bits (was 64-bit shift intended?) [D:\a\simutrans-extended\simutrans-extended\build\nettools\nettool-extended.vcxproj]

"D:\a\simutrans-extended\simutrans-extended\build\Simutrans-Extended.sln" (nettool-extended target) (1) ->
"D:\a\simutrans-extended\simutrans-extended\build\nettools\nettool-extended.vcxproj.metaproj" (default target) (2) ->
"D:\a\simutrans-extended\simutrans-extended\build\nettools\nettool-extended.vcxproj" (default target) (4) ->
(ClCompile target) ->
  D:\a\simutrans-extended\simutrans-extended\utils\../sys/simsys.h(13,10): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'zlib.h': No such file or directory [D:\a\simutrans-extended\simutrans-extended\build\nettools\nettool-extended.vcxproj]
  D:\a\simutrans-extended\simutrans-extended\network\../sys/simsys.h(13,10): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'zlib.h': No such file or directory [D:\a\simutrans-extended\simutrans-extended\build\nettools\nettool-extended.vcxproj]

9 Warning(s)
    2 Error(s)

Time Elapsed 00:00:20.50
Error: Process completed with exit code 1.

Can you confirm whether you can build nettool successfully with this code in place?

Offline Roboron

• Devotee
« Reply #373 on: April 02, 2021, 09:16:24 PM »
Looking at the Github Actions history, the Windows Nettool (MSVC) build has been failing for some months, it doesn't seem related to any recent change.

Offline jamespetts

• Administrator
  • Cake baker
    • Bridgewater-Brunel
« Reply #374 on: April 03, 2021, 01:16:07 PM »
Looking at the Github Actions history, the Windows Nettool (MSVC) build has been failing for some months, it doesn't seem related to any recent change.

Ahh, yes, you are quite right: this affects only the Visual Studio build. Now incorporated - thank you.

Offline ceeac

• Devotee
« Reply #375 on: April 03, 2021, 04:08:49 PM »
he Windows Nettool (MSVC) build has been failing for some months
I have opened a Pull Request (#368) which fixes the issue.

Offline jamespetts

• Administrator
  • Cake baker
    • Bridgewater-Brunel
« Reply #376 on: April 03, 2021, 04:14:24 PM »
I have opened a Pull Request (#368) which fixes the issue.

Excellent, thank you: now incorporated.

Offline Ranran

• Devotee
« Reply #377 on: May 07, 2021, 12:07:49 PM »
1. Transparency is not consistent between the top part of the window and the rest of the window.
case windowskin:
//display_img_stretch( gui_theme_t::windowback, rect);
break;
This can be fixed by commenting out this part of the gui_scrolled_list.cc, but it's not the case with standard so I'm not sure what the difference is.