The International Simutrans Forum

Author Topic: Incorporating changes from Standard  (Read 3508 times)

Offline Ves

• Devotee
  • Languages: EN, SV, DK
Re: Incorporating changes from Standard
« Reply #35 on: January 17, 2019, 03:23:19 PM »
Hello ACarlotti,
I know that you are putting these things a bit on the hold due to the sync-issues, but I was wondering how far of the GUI stuf you have ported as of yet, more specifically the gui_convoy_assembler? I am asking since I was planning on using that for the new features of Extended, and therefore I would need to fundamentally alter some parts of it. However, I suspect that it might make future merge conflicts more severe the more I alter that window. Already it is quite a bit altered (mostly in the information section) than from Standard, but it feels like a bit of waste of time and effort if you (or james for that matter) would have to work through even more conflicts that could have been avoided.

Offline ACarlotti

« Reply #36 on: January 17, 2019, 04:34:12 PM »
more specifically the gui_convoy_assembler?
It seems (at a glance) that there haven't been that many changes to the relevant code in Standard (which is still in gui/depot_frame.[cc/h]) - in particular there were only a couple of commits that weren't just translations up until 2017. Unless you're aware of any significant changes that are likely to be substantially more problematic, then I think you should just do whatever you need to and not worry too much about make merges harder (beyond normal things like not making unnecessary changes to thing like spacing).

Offline Ves

• Devotee
  • Languages: EN, SV, DK
« Reply #37 on: January 17, 2019, 04:57:33 PM »
Thanks.
What I want to do is to add new conditions, "is_consist_order_frame", similar to the existing "is_depot_frame" and "is_replace_frame". Since we need to create wildcard vehicles, I need to create associated GUI features to control those, therefore I dont know how much I will be messing up the code.

I know that Standard updated their depot window not so long ago according to this thread:
https://forum.simutrans.com/index.php/topic,17470.70.html
which I believe among other things added sorting.

Offline prissi

• Developer
  • Administrator
  • Languages: De,EN,JP
« Reply #38 on: January 20, 2019, 02:04:41 PM »
The combobox in standard was mostly broken, and the depot was most affected by it (with two of them). I am not sure where else Extended uses Comboboxes, but the old code really stuggled to handle two of them in one dialoge, or overlapping ones.

Offline ACarlotti

« Reply #39 on: April 12, 2019, 02:54:40 AM »
Right, I have a few more changes up on Github. There are very few functional changes in this, but a lot of minor changes to variable names, comments, etc. to bring us a bit closer to Standard.

There is, however, a backwards incompatible change to reading xml saves; this reverts an accidental backwards incompatible change made when James originally applied spieler->player to Extended. The change concerns whether "spieler" or "player" is the name of the xml tag in xml saves. I think it's simplest just to make a breaking change since I think xml saves are only really used by people wanting to run analysis on a save using an external tool (there's no other reason I can see to change the default). If this does cause problems, however, it should be possible to write some extra code to accept both versions (during loading).

Offline jamespetts gb

• Simutrans-Extended project coordinator
  • Cake baker
    • Bridgewater-Brunel
  • Languages: EN
« Reply #40 on: April 12, 2019, 11:08:33 AM »
Thank you - that is most helpful. I have now reviewed and incorporated these. I do not think that there is any significant usage of the XML saves, so I doubt that this is an issue.

Offline ACarlotti

« Reply #41 on: May 06, 2019, 11:51:17 PM »
I've pushed a few more commits. The first fixes some incorrect code (I'm not sure if it actually broke anything), the second is some comment updates/corrections drawn from a number of Standard commits, and the third fixes a bug which effectively allows a player to get free income. The bug is that when a signal/sign preview was deleted, the maintenance cost would be deducted from the player's total maintenance costs, even though the sign/signal never had maintenance charged in the first place.

Offline jamespetts gb

• Simutrans-Extended project coordinator
  • Cake baker
    • Bridgewater-Brunel
  • Languages: EN
« Reply #42 on: May 09, 2019, 12:00:06 AM »
Thank you very much for this, and my apologies for the delay in responding: I have now incorporated this.

This is most helpful.