News:

Simutrans Forum Archive
A complete record of the old Simutrans Forum.

City road without pavement

Started by Ters, May 08, 2018, 05:55:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ters

I'm not sure exactly when it happened, but while playing using r8422 and pak64, I noticed some city roads that lacked pavement. They do have the speed limit and ownership like a proper city road.

The clues I have are:

• It happened to a small section of city road in just one of many cities. Other city roads, even of the same type, look right elsewhere.
  • The city roads were earlier a type of cobble stone city road, with pavement, that at some point has been upgraded to asphalt city road, without pavement.
  • The cobble stone city road had pavements, as can be seen in old backups of my game.
  • The roads were in the vicinity of a town hall that has been relocated elsewhere because it was upgraded from one tile to four due to population growth. They are also in the vicinity of the relocated town hall. In fact, they kind of form a route between the old and new town hall locations, Although the new town hall also has some asphalt city road with pavement in front of it.
  • It happened somewhere between game years 1932 and 1945.
  • It might have happened in r8279, which was the previous version I used, rather than r8422. (It is also possible that I used some version much closer to r8422 briefly.)

Dwachs

It might be indeed due to the relocation of the townhall. Then a road connecting the new to the old location is built, apparently without pavement.

Parsley, sage, rosemary, and maggikraut.