News:

Simutrans Wiki Manual
The official on-line manual for Simutrans. Read and contribute.

Was there a Midland 1632 Class?

Started by Matthew, June 19, 2018, 09:50:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matthew

The pakset includes a Midland 1632 class as an upgrade of their 2441 class. I am no expert on locomotives, but I wonder whether this is a mistake. Wikipedia doesn't know of the existence of a 1632 class, and there are no Google hits for it. WP lists locomotive number 1632 as part of the 1532 class from the 1880s, which predates the 2441s. The game's 1632 class actually has worse stats than the 2441 class it's supposed to be upgrading.

It is possible that the confusion might originate from a scale model of no.1632 which went on sale around 1906 (the pakset introduces the type in 1908).
(Signature being tested) If you enjoy playing Simutrans, then you might also enjoy watching Japan Railway Journal
Available in English and simplified Chinese
如果您喜欢玩Simutrans的话,那么说不定就想看《日本铁路之旅》(英语也有简体中文字幕)。

jamespetts

Thank you for the query - the MR 1632 class was introduced in 1908, a year after the Midland Railway's 1907 renumbering programme, so it was not part of the different 1532 class of 1881. It was nothing other than the push-pull version of the 2441 class, and should share the same statistics. However, for some reason, this was omitted from my spreadsheet, and the power was not updated when the power of the 2441 was changed some time ago, leading to different power figures. I have now corrected this so that both it and the 2441 class have the same power.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.