News:

Simutrans Sites
Know our official sites. Find tools and resources for Simutrans.

GUI

Started by jamespetts, May 19, 2009, 08:01:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jamespetts

I love the new GUI buttons with PakBritain: the train and tram, and recoloured boat and aircraft, the crane, etc., are all delightful. I noticed, however, that the road vehicles one still used the Pak128 default, so I thought that I'd update the button using the Routemaster graphic: see the attached image.

As to the other buttons, had the maglev and monorail ones better be removed, since there are no maglevs or monorails in PakBritain? I know that there are long term plans for narrow gauge - had a blank button better be put in the menu and reserved for that?

One final thing - I notice that the pause graphic - the coffee cup - is the one taken from Pak128. When I first started using Simutrans, I found that graphic to be confusing, since it did not obviously convey pausing. Might I suggest that it be changed to the standard cassette recorder pause symbol, as in other paksets such as Pak64 and Pak192.Comic? We could probably just use the one from Pak64 without modification, since it's open source, too. I could do that myself if it would be helpful.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

The Hood

Great minds think alike... (already done but not released...)

jamespetts

LOL! Oops - duplicated work ;-) Are you planning on deprecating the monorail and maglev buttons and replacing the cup of coffee with a pause symbol...?

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

The Hood

Monorail and Maglev buttons I am planning to leave in (a) so people can import pak128 Maglev / monorail if they wish and use that and (b) there is a long term plan to include these in the set and (c) because it's more work to remove them than leave them. 

Narrowgauge button will be added when that feature is added to the pakset. 

As for the pause/play symbols, I am open to offerings...

jamespetts

How about this? This just takes the fast forward and pause buttons from Pak64, which I think are a little clearer than those from Pak128. What do you think?

The Hood

Yes, that's fair enough I think.