News:

Simutrans Wiki Manual
The official on-line manual for Simutrans. Read and contribute.

Complement translationable txt

Started by Ranran(retired), September 09, 2018, 10:25:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ranran(retired)

Hi.(´・ω・`)
I tried to fix about some in-game texts which can not translate with tab file. These are not in standard or have been changed from standard.
I threw a pull request. Please confirm.

Text list #1:

has changed its colour scheme.
reassigned_class
reassigned_classes

.dat for simutranslator already exists. (base_texts_experimental_10.15.dat, base_texts_experimental_10.2.dat, base-texts-classes_gui_4.dat)
These can not translate because code does not correspond to.
Note that some translations may already exist but it has not been translated in game so far.

Text list #2:

%s has withdrawn access rights from %s
%s has allowed access rights to %s

These texts are added newly. I added these to base_texts_experimental_10.2.dat.

Text list #3:

The convoy has been sent\nto its home depot.\n%s\n
Convoi has been sent\nto the nearest depot\nof appropriate type.\n%s\n
No suitable depot found!\nYou need to send the\nconvoi to the depot\nmanually.\n%s\n
Depot found but could not be inserted in schedule.  This is a bug!%s\n

These could not be translated because "%s\n" (convoi name) was added at the end. I have also modified base_texts_experimental_8.0.dat in this regard.
The first two texts currently have translations already in many languages, but "%s\n" is missing. The latter two texts are added newly.

Text list #4:

Vehicle running costs per km
Vehicle maintenance costs per month
Vehicle maintenance

These texts were translatable up to now, but they were not registered in the simutranslator.
I added these to base_texts_experimental.dat, and deleted the comment "// TODO: Translation for this".

I suppose these changes so far work well.

However, since I am program noob, I could not make the following text translatable.

%s allows you to access its ways and stops
%s does not allow you to access its ways and stops
Allow %s to access your ways and stops
Withdraw %s's access your ways and stops

These are the tooltip help text in the Player List window.
These are exist in "base_texts_experimental_10.2.dat", but translation has been disabled because code does not correspond to.
These codes are in "player_frame_t.cc".

For example,

tooltip_out[i].printf(translator::translate("Withdraw %s's access your ways and stops"), player->get_name());

Making such changes will cause a crash if you open the Player List window or add new players. Please fix this and it will be very helpful. (´・ω・`)

EDIT: Fixed pushing the wrong file.
ひめしという日本人が開発者達の助言を無視して自分好みの機能をextendedに"強引に"実装し、
コードをぐちゃぐちゃにしてメンテナンスを困難にし(とりわけ道路と建物関連)、
挙句にバグを大量に埋め込み、それを知らんぷりして放置し(隠居するなどと言って)別のところに逃げ隠れて自分のフォーク(OTRP)は開発を続けている
その事実と彼の無責任さに日本人プレイヤーは目を向けるべき。らんらんはそれでやる気をなくした(´・ω・`)
他人の振り見て我が振り直せ。ひめしのようにならないために、らんらんが生み出したバグや問題は自分で修正しなくちゃね(´・ω・`)

jamespetts

Thank you for that - that is most helpful: now incorporated.

However, please note that, in relation to the base_texts...dat files, you need to create a new file for new translation texts rather than modifying existing files, as each file is uploaded to Simutranslator only once.

If you could make a single new file incorporating all of your changes, I will upload it to Simutranslator so that translating using this file can commence.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Ranran(retired)

Quote from: jamespetts on September 09, 2018, 11:49:06 AMHowever, please note that, in relation to the base_texts...dat files, you need to create a new file for new translation texts rather than modifying existing files, as each file is uploaded to Simutranslator only once.

If you could make a single new file incorporating all of your changes, I will upload it to Simutranslator so that translating using this file can commence.
I'm sorry about that.

I have created "base_texts_extended_forgotten_items_1.dat". All newly added and changed texts were put together there.
Check a pull request.

jamespetts

The new file appears to be empty - had you forgotten to commit the contents?

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Ranran(retired)

Quote from: jamespetts on September 09, 2018, 01:29:39 PMThe new file appears to be empty
At the bottom of here is a new file.
Will this be empty when merging? (´・ω・`)

jamespetts

Thank you for that - I have now uploaded this file to Simutranslator. Once uploaded, it is not particularly important whether the file remains in the repository.