News:

Use the "Forum Search"
It may help you to find anything in the forum ;).

Load map files in the scenarios

Started by Yona-TYT, June 26, 2019, 11:27:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yona-TYT

Hello how are you ?.

I have not worked with simutrans scripts for a long time and I really miss that.

I wanted to start a new scrips project that works in any pakset, for that I want to use empty maps.

I understand that an empty map can be loaded correctly in simutrans regardless of the packset that we use, right? .

My idea is to load an empty map, to then add the objects, the cities, configure the climate, roads, rivers ... all that using scrips.

I like the idea of being able to create scenarios that work in all the pakset, it seems to me a nice project to return to the development of scrips that is something that I like a lot.

Greetings to all, friends of simutrans!

Leartin

Quote from: Yona-TYT on June 26, 2019, 11:27:30 PMI understand that an empty map can be loaded correctly in simutrans regardless of the packset that we use, right?
Make sure to only use single-height-slopes. Some old paksets never updated for two heights, and even if they are there, they can act very differently (totally impassable/restrictive/no restrictions).

prissi

Towns without curiosities will work too, as levels are quite standartized. Rivers will not work in all pakset too. If you restrict yourself to a revent pak set, then a map with trees, houses cities, coal mines and coal power plant might work too.

Yona-TYT

Quote from: prissi on June 27, 2019, 06:36:15 AMTowns without curiosities will work too, as levels are quite standartized. Rivers will not work in all pakset too. If you restrict yourself to a revent pak set, then a map with trees, houses cities, coal mines and coal power plant might work too.

Well, I'll have to sit down and analyze this, however it does not seem very practical to look for objects incompatible with some pakset all over the map.