News:

Use the "Forum Search"
It may help you to find anything in the forum ;).

Livery updates to existing games

Started by fam621, January 02, 2019, 10:55:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fam621

Hi James, we know we had this discussion earier on in 2018 about this but I wanted to see whether this could be a future addition to the game when other things have been added/implemented. Could there everytime there is a livery update current gamesaves update to add those liveries?

jamespetts

May I suggest that, owing to the very large backlog of higher priority features, it would be quicker for you to learn how to code in C++ and add this feature yourself than to wait for this to be a priority for me? The latter is likely to be many years in the future.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Rollmaterial

Wasn't this feature added to the vehicle-management branch at some point? Anyway, work on that branch stopped in March, so I assume that may or may not resume shortly after the server desync is fixed.

jamespetts

I must confess, I cannot remember now; it is possible that I had added it, in which case the feature may be added sooner than I had imagined. The work on that branch had stopped owing to a large number of critical bug reports, including the loss of synchronisation bug, but there are a number of difficult bugs other that outstanding that need looking into before I can resume work on a major set of features.

The first task on that branch will be to integrate all the bug fixes made since it was last updated, as well as some of Ves's work on the UI and the vehicle management interface.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.