News:

Simutrans.com Portal
Our Simutrans site. You can find everything about Simutrans from here.

Turning off "... stop is crowded" in Message Centre window

Started by micslu, April 08, 2009, 11:36:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

micslu

GDI r2411 + Pak128 v554

Is it possible to turn off "xxx stop is crowded" messages in the Message Centre window?
I know about the OPTIONS and all 3 options for STATION FULL messages are turned off.

My memory is going awry but I believe it was possible to turn off these messages in Message Centre in the v99x.

Reason: Starting out a new game with large map, I know most of my factory cargo station/stops are overcrowded while my attention is taken by trying to build passenger infrastructre. I'd like to keep Message Centre window less cluttered so I can easily find more important messages that I might have overlooked (like new factory chains, tourist attractions etc)

Thanks!

prissi

How about using the option of station crowded in the message menu?

z9999

Well, this is a little off-topic but is related to this discussion.
http://forum.simutrans.com/index.php?topic=1109.0

Goods packet size from factories is always 10.
How about this.
ware_sum>max_ware ... COL_ORANGE
ware_sum>max_ware+9 ... COL_RED

This reduce unwilling overcrowded messages.

[edit]
I found ignore_flags is not used.
Prissi, do you have a future plan for this flag ?

[edit2]
This should work.
- Open settings.xml file with text editor.
- Change "<i32>0</i32>" of line 19 to "<i32>128</i32>".
- Save this file.

xpath of this node is "/Simutrans/umgebung_t/i32[6]"

prissi

The ignore flags is provided for total ignore. However, later tests found this not very useful; howerever, one can easily add another row of buttons to the setting dialoge.

EDIT: use next nightly

micslu

Quote[edit2]
This should work.
- Open settings.xml file with text editor.
- Change "<i32>0</i32>" of line 19 to "<i32>128</i32>".
- Save this file.

Thanks z9999: after half day of playing with the above fix, there is no more "stop crowded" message in the Message Centre window.

Question: does this modification affect any thing else in the game?

Thanks Prissi, I think. I'll try the next nightly to see if there is more option to control "stop crowded" messages.
If the new nightly takes care of this problem, should I keep z9999's modification of settings.xml file?

prissi

This will automatically use the savefile modification. It just adds a button to toggle it ingame. It will have no other impact on the game (but these messages will be lost).

micslu

Thanks - I see the new buttons on Message Centre Options. (r2415)
I don't have time to test the settings now, but hope to get back to the game Monday  :D

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This might be obvious to the developers and many players, but just for formality -

After few hours of playing (r2415+Pak128v554), I can confirm that there is no more "Overcrowded stop/station" message in the Message Centre after toggling to OFF position the new button added in the Message Centre Options, in this case STATION FULL. (The new buttons are in column left of the various message categories.)

Again thanks to all for this implementation. I'm happy  ;D !